Menu

Fake Books...(The Paper Kind!)

While I was waiting for my cab after a WCB appt this am, I was leafing through a design magazine (there wasn't anything else).

Apart from being completely blown away by the prices of some things ($3500 for floor coverings? Not even flooring, but like a fake oriental rug tile...oy!) I was stunned to discover that books are now in fashion...and they provided TWO different ways of faking books and shelves. One was wallpaper, the other wall tile.

They only had one insanely priced book shelf (I think it was over $2500), that didn't look like it could hold up squat.

I was thinking how fashionable I actually am...I have *real* books! Granted, they're on cheaper bookshelves, but who knew I was trendy?

Instead of real bookshelves, w/real books, they had wall paper that looked like bookshelves w/books, or tiles for the wall that were bookshelves w/books, not real books at all!

I googled and found some rooms designed with the fake wallpaper. I don't understand why, if you didn't care or read enough to own actual books, you'd want to make a room seem that closed up and cluttery for no reason? :confused:

I googled and found some rooms designed with the fake wallpaper. I don't understand why, if you didn't care or read enough to own actual books, you'd want to make a room seem that closed up and cluttery for no reason? :confused:

Apparentely the look of bookshelves filled w/books is 'refined' and 'classy'.

The look, mind you...not actual books.

Heaven forbid someone has REAL bookshelves filled w/books!

(The bookshelf they showed was not only uber $$$, but looked like it would fold under the weight of a few larger books!)

Apparentely the look of bookshelves filled w/books is 'refined' and 'classy'.

The look, mind you...not actual books.

Heaven forbid someone has REAL bookshelves filled w/books!

(The bookshelf they showed was not only uber $$$, but looked like it would fold under the weight of a few larger books!)

hmmmm.......'refined' and 'classy'...........I'll remember that as I look at my trailer with the plastic garage shelving lining the walls. Shelving filled with actual books that actually get read. Who knew?

Think of it this way.... your non-uber $$$ bookshelves are worth/cost the same as those fake ones, as the real books on them cost a boatload of $$$ if you add it all up. You just do it slowly, and you can choose to read something instead of just look.

This makes sense in my head, not so much in the typing. Oh well. ;)

I also wonder what the titles are.... do you get to choose, or is it just one bonehead's idea of what would be a "classy" "refined" book? Do they have different editions? Oh... my brain....

Edited by radiobrain