Menu

The drawback to sharing Monty Python with your kids

is that they can and will use the quotes against you. Case in point:

Yesterday, dd spent most of the day in bed (to be fair, she did feel like she had a low grade fever). Around 3 pm she appeared downstairs, and asked if she could go outside with the boys and jump on the trampoline.

Me: "Wait, I thought you were sick."

Her [deadpan, and in her best Monty Python British accent]: "I got better."

So while I was doubled over laughing, she slipped out the back door. :glare:

We have similar issues with all kinds of movies. :) Can't wait for Monte Python. It's my ds11's kind of humor.

I remember my mom being so angry with me as a teenage that she said I was acting like a *itch.

I replied, "I'm not a witch! I'm not a witch! This isn't my real nose; it's a false one!"

Ha!

It didn't go over well.

DD hasn't actually seen the movie-but she can quote a bunch of Monty Python just from being around DH and I and from the Spam-a-lot soundtrack. There's just something about a 5 yr old enacting the "I'm not dead!" scene with a bunch of lego knights and a lego mummy.

DD hasn't actually seen the movie-but she can quote a bunch of Monty Python just from being around DH and I and from the Spam-a-lot soundtrack. There's just something about a 5 yr old enacting the "I'm not dead!" scene with a bunch of lego knights and a lego mummy.

The new blu-ray edition of MP & the Holy Grail has a special feature Lego enactment of the Knights of Camelot scene (where they're all dancing and singing in the castle, and then King Arthur decides they shouldn't go to Camelot after all). It's too funny.

Wait, I found it on Youtube:

My children invoke the Spanish Inquisition quote on us regularly. They giggle wholeheartedly at silly walks that we or they invent. If someone is bleeding, they ask if it's a flesh wound.

Yeah. Monty Python happens. As long as they don't insult my elderberry parents, we're all good, though ;)

My children invoke the Spanish Inquisition quote on us regularly.

ALBAROSS!!

Yes, I have gotten the Spanish Inquisition quote from my father and my daughter. Apparently I ask too many questions : D

I often evoke "Confuse-A-Cat Limited" on ym daughter when she's in the mood for it.

My children invoke the Spanish Inquisition quote on us regularly. They giggle wholeheartedly at silly walks that we or they invent. If someone is bleeding, they ask if it's a flesh wound.

Yeah. Monty Python happens. As long as they don't insult my elderberry parents, we're all good, though ;)

When my DH's company was acquired, the development team went around for WEEKS saying "No one expects a RADIANT ACQUISITION", and they did a series of Monty Python themed skits for their yearly user conference, where they announced the acquistion (Camp-a-lot) I have to wonder what the Radiant powers that be thought when they appeared for a business conference only to find that they actually had a roomful of Monty Python Computer geeks, in full "Holy Grail" regalia :).

We have actually been using the Argument scene on ds. He lives to disagree and argue. We say, " I didn't pay for an argument."

That sketch also nicely defines a real argument as being entirely different from simple disagreement. One of ds's teachers cited it!

Sandra