Menu

House selling commiseration thread

kokotg, I have got my fingers so crossed over here...I can't tell you how hard I'm hoping.

PrincessMommy, my parents sold their home recently to the same sort of buyer. My mom said it was sort of a headache (they wanted mold inspections, though the house is in Irvine, which is basically desert), but they *did* buy it, and the reduction in stress once it's SOLD is worth it, she says.

House selling wishes for everyone here!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a written offer. It's was quite low and they wanted a few "extras" :glare:. My realtor said; "No, we're definitely not doing that...no way." The potential buyers come from a culture where bartering is quite common, so we kind of took the cue from that and countered WAY back up, but still under the asking price. I'm concerned that this will just be the beginning of a nickle-n-dime experience. I rather wanted to walk away but my dh and realtor thought that they are very good buyers (no debt, lots to put down on the mortgage) so we should at least counter and see what happens.

We had another couple come through that were quite interested in the house. I don't know if we'll hear anything before this particular offer is ratified though.

It turns out they have some grand kids who live with them and others who will be coming to visit for the summer. That made me feel a lot better about it, but I still have a nagging feeling that they might be difficult to deal with after looking at the offer. Yeah, they're great buyers, but I don't want to lie down and let them run over me either.

I think you did the right thing by not dismissing their offer and by countering. I've been learning with our buyers (we settle next thursday) that I must not take personally what they ask for. While it initially seems piddly and nit picky to me, our agent always has someone who can 'fix' it or make it happen for a very small amount of $$$ and then the buyers are happy and they do seem to stop asking.

Thoughts headed your way for a good outcome!:grouphug:

Well...hope it works out...one way or the other! It makes me nervous when people go in asking for a bunch of stuff, too...what are they going to do after the inspection?

We were supposed to have THREE more showings today! Last people didn't show, but there was a pretty nasty hail storm coming through right when they were supposed to be here, so I wasn't surprised. The first two people came and both took one of the booklets with the seller's disclosure, etc. in it. We've heard we're a maybe for the people who looked last night, too. So....promising stuff.

There was some stuff on the home inspection that we merely said: 'no, we will not do that.' And that was the end of it -- they accepted that.

They wanted our gutters professionally cleaned. That was a hoot because dh gets up on a ladder I cannot tell you how many times a year and gets those gutters spotlessly clean. We responded that dh would clean the gutters right before settlement - he would clean them the way he always does and always has for the past three years and we would not have them professinally done.

They were fine with that.

Thoughts coming your way for a good outcome!:grouphug:

We were supposed to have THREE more showings today! Last people didn't show, but there was a pretty nasty hail storm coming through right when they were supposed to be here, so I wasn't surprised. The first two people came and both took one of the booklets with the seller's disclosure, etc. in it. We've heard we're a maybe for the people who looked last night, too. So....promising stuff.

Sounds promising! Three showings in one day is really good. At that pace, you won't be home long enough to get anything dirty. :)

We got a written offer. It's was quite low and they wanted a few "extras" :glare:. My realtor said; "No, we're definitely not doing that...no way." The potential buyers come from a culture where bartering is quite common, so we kind of took the cue from that and countered WAY back up, but still under the asking price. I'm concerned that this will just be the beginning of a nickle-n-dime experience. I rather wanted to walk away but my dh and realtor thought that they are very good buyers (no debt, lots to put down on the mortgage) so we should at least counter and see what happens.

A buyer like that sounds like a lot of trouble, but it may work out yet. The first offer we made on our new house was pretty low. Given the poor real estate market it seemed we had to start low. You just never know how desperate people are. Your high counter offer will give the message that you aren't wanting to negotiate. Then you'll find out if they are serious or not.

Best of luck to everyone!

Thanks guys for putting it into perspective. They countered again, we countered- they took our counter. It's really only about 2.5% under our asking price - but that's about 10K (which sounds worse!). Anyway, you're right Mariann - I'm too emotionally attached and was getting insulted.

Home inspection has to be done in 7days. I'm not too worried about it because we had a pre-listing inspection and fixed all the important things (and then some). Besides MD changed the way the contract reads as of Jan, and houses are basically sold "as is" and they can only really ask to fix structural or safety (HVAC, electrical) issues.

Thanks guys for putting it into perspective. They countered again, we countered- they took our counter. It's really only about 2.5% under our asking price - but that's about 10K (which sounds worse!). Anyway, you're right Mariann - I'm too emotionally attached and was getting insulted.

Home inspection has to be done in 7days. I'm not too worried about it because we had a pre-listing inspection and fixed all the important things (and then some). Besides MD changed the way the contract reads as of Jan, and houses are basically sold "as is" and they can only really ask to fix structural or safety (HVAC, electrical) issues.

Deb: Just take deep breaths. It will be okay. We are moving one week from tomorrow - settling on our present home one week from today and settling on new house one week from tomorrow. I have NOT changed our address, ordered new checks, contacted utility companies - nothing. I am so paranoid about every.little.thing. Try not to make yourself nuts.....and I am certainly the one to be giving THAT advice. ;)

So our house has been on the market for about a week and a half - 9 showings, and two no-shows (which are totally frustrating!) - I'm feeling very discouraged by the feedback. Our house is special and has many things that other houses in the area don't have - but it isn't as updated as many of the houses we are competing against. Mainly no granite. We all thought that the features it does have will offset the slight outdatedness, but the feedback is saying otherwise. Thing is, we just put in about $20k to replace the roof, carpeting, paint, heating/AC and I do not want to put any more money into the house - especially if that doesn't mean we can raise the price (which is what the feedback is suggesting) - its already priced lower with the idea that folks will put in their own touches. But buyers seem to want it all done - and at this lower price! Ugh. Anyway, I know it just takes one buyer, and of course the feedback isn't super encouraging because the buyers that have been through here just aren't the right buyers for this house. If they had tons of positive things to say, then they would likely be buying it, right? So trying to keep a positive attitude....and it hasn't even been two weeks yet. I was just encouraged by the flurry of activity, only to be kicked in the gut with the more negative comments. I just know that if I was shopping and found this house, I would love it - I'd see everything that can't be changed - space, lot, location - is perfect, and the expensive fixes - heating/ac, roof, carpet - has been taken care of, so I could move in and just make it mine with cosmetic stuff. I'd be super excited about that! But so far, other folks aren't seeing it that way I guess.

We fly out to Portland next month to start our house hunting, and it really would be nice to have this under contract so we can feel like maybe we are in a position to actually make an offer if we find the perfect house out there.

So our house has been on the market for about a week and a half - 9 showings, and two no-shows (which are totally frustrating!) - I'm feeling very discouraged by the feedback. Our house is special and has many things that other houses in the area don't have - but it isn't as updated as many of the houses we are competing against. Mainly no granite. We all thought that the features it does have will offset the slight outdatedness, but the feedback is saying otherwise. Thing is, we just put in about $20k to replace the roof, carpeting, paint, heating/AC and I do not want to put any more money into the house - especially if that doesn't mean we can raise the price (which is what the feedback is suggesting) - its already priced lower with the idea that folks will put in their own touches. But buyers seem to want it all done - and at this lower price! Ugh. Anyway, I know it just takes one buyer, and of course the feedback isn't super encouraging because the buyers that have been through here just aren't the right buyers for this house. If they had tons of positive things to say, then they would likely be buying it, right? So trying to keep a positive attitude....and it hasn't even been two weeks yet. I was just encouraged by the flurry of activity, only to be kicked in the gut with the more negative comments. I just know that if I was shopping and found this house, I would love it - I'd see everything that can't be changed - space, lot, location - is perfect, and the expensive fixes - heating/ac, roof, carpet - has been taken care of, so I could move in and just make it mine with cosmetic stuff. I'd be super excited about that! But so far, other folks aren't seeing it that way I guess.

We fly out to Portland next month to start our house hunting, and it really would be nice to have this under contract so we can feel like maybe we are in a position to actually make an offer if we find the perfect house out there.

:grouphug: That must be so hard. Hang in there. Some people really can't see the forest for the trees.

Yay! Fingers crossed for smooth sailing from here to the closing!

Frustrating! I know exactly how you feel...our new house has tons of cosmetic upgrades (granite and new cabinets in the kitchen, etc)....and I'm about to pay $11,000 for two new HVAC units for it. I keep thinking how much I wished they'd put the money into new HVACs so I could spend the $11,000 on doing the kitchen exactly how I want instead. Or spend $5000 and save the rest!

Today's our first day since Saturday without at least one showing, but no offers yet. We've heard about one person already planning to come this weekend. And we came home the other night to a dead refrigerator! Bleh. So now I have a brand new one and I'm $1000 poorer. The fridge at the new house works but looks to be pretty old, so we're hoping to take this one with us (the disclosure doesn't list the fridge as part of the sale, but we've always figured it's open to negotiation). I guess it's better it died now than if we had a contract that included the fridge...then we would have had to replace it with no chance of getting to keep it or negotiate for more money for leaving it. I'm very annoyed at how short appliance lifespans are nowadays. The fridge was 9 years old, and we'd already spend a couple of hundred dollars on a big repair last year. Grr....Ah, well, my new one is shiny and pretty at least.

Thanks - I guess one of those no-shows that I mentioned actually did show, just didn't leave a card - but they did just leave some favorable feedback - buyer is passing because the finished basement doesn't have windows, but the realtor said the house is great, priced right, and shouldn't have any problems selling. That was nice! I went back and looked at all the feedback, and really its about 50/50 - about half is about the layout, or garage size or something like that, that can't be changed and the other half is about it being dated or not showing as "sharp" as the competition. One person, the second one to see the house said they loved it and it made their final list of possibilities, but since we never heard back from them, we just assumed they'd gone on to other houses..but really, the feedback isn't that bad. I was just focusing on the negative ones. Maybe it will all be ok? :001_smile:

kokotg - I almost wonder if I shouldn't have left the roof and other pricey stuff alone and put in granite instead :glare: - I know that when we shop, we will be focused on the pricier, unseen upgrades, and the location, size and flow of the house, and the lot features. Not on the countertops :tongue_smilie:

Well.......we got an offer this Tuesday on our home after almost 3 yrs. It was 9K less than what we had it listed for this time and 29k total for what we had it listed for 3yrs ago. They want to close May 18th because they sold their home and have to be out. We took the offer mainly because we are desperate and knew if we didn't we may be here another year waiting. School isn't out until May 25th so we will have to stay in a hotel until school is out and maybe after since our son who is in the Airforce is coming home for RAP duty May 23rd for 12 days before he goes to his PDS in Utah.

Next Thursday we are leaving to go to KY to look for a house. If you live in KY and want to know where you are welcome to pm me but I don't want to put it out on here because of family issues. I hope we can find what we want and be able to close on it soon; looking at hopefully getting in it by the end of May or beginning of June. I am stressed about it all even though we have movers.

The kids are taking it the best they can since we have lived here almost 12yrs now. Our son who is going to be a senior this next year is taking it fairly well, I have actually been impressed. I have been praying everyday that the Lord would speak to him and calm his heart and give him peace about this. I look at this like a new adventure, a fresh start for all of us. Our time here has held some turbulent years and it was here that I was diagnosed with my mental disorder and lived for almost 2yrs away from my family. Our church still sees me as damaged so I need a change of pace.

Now the fun begins!!!

Well.......we got an offer this Tuesday on our home after almost 3 yrs. It was 9K less than what we had it listed for this time and 29k total for what we had it listed for 3yrs ago. They want to close May 18th because they sold their home and have to be out. We took the offer mainly because we are desperate and knew if we didn't we may be here another year waiting. School isn't out until May 25th so we will have to stay in a hotel until school is out and maybe after since our son who is in the Airforce is coming home for RAP duty May 23rd for 12 days before he goes to his PDS in Utah.

Next Thursday we are leaving to go to KY to look for a house. If you live in KY and want to know where you are welcome to pm me but I don't want to put it out on here because of family issues. I hope we can find what we want and be able to close on it soon; looking at hopefully getting in it by the end of May or beginning of June. I am stressed about it all even though we have movers.

The kids are taking it the best they can since we have lived here almost 12yrs now. Our son who is going to be a senior this next year is taking it fairly well, I have actually been impressed. I have been praying everyday that the Lord would speak to him and calm his heart and give him peace about this. I look at this like a new adventure, a fresh start for all of us. Our time here has held some turbulent years and it was here that I was diagnosed with my mental disorder and lived for almost 2yrs away from my family. Our church still sees me as damaged so I need a change of pace.

Now the fun begins!!!

Congrats on the sale!!!!! Thoughts and prayers are with you -- :grouphug:

Now the fun begins!!!

Yes, congrats on the sale. I hope everything else falls into place for you and your family. :grouphug: Keep us posted.

Can y'all stand a whine from the other side? One of my buyer clients...a young man I know in 'real' life and enjoy AND someone I've worked with since October...He is in a low price range and we've looked at some of the most...interesting...yes, that's the word--houses. We put in offers only to find out the house went under contract yesterday. Or that there are multiple offers and ours was the second highest. Then just after Christmas we went under contract on an unapproved short sale--a jewel of a house. A little paint, clean the carpets and he'd have a great first house. Fast forward three and a half months--the bank was just about the give the green light to the short sale AND his very strong contract and my buyer backed out. He would be days from closing right now if he hadn't backed out....

It seems he can't afford a house payment, after all.

Sigh. Why couldn't he have figured that out last fall?????? Believe me, we asked all the right questions. If people aren't on the up and up with me I can't help them.

Then, this weekend...I have a brand new listing. And the sellers turned down the very first showing they had today. ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH Didn't we talk about how important it is to make your home available at a moment's notice?????

Y'all talk about agents. Agents gripe about sellers and buyers. Sorry. I don't get paid until my clients get paid. Cooperation would be nice. :D

I hope EVERYONE gets fabulous offers this weekend!!!!!! Here's to smooth closings.

Here's to smooth closings.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Ours is Friday (our buyers settle on thursday - I am not concerned about them -- everything here will be in tip top shape and ready for them).

The sellers -- who do not live in the house but have totally renovat4ed it top to bottom -- i am so uneasy about. Maybe it's just moving jitters, but they have a long list of home inspection items that they have agreed to remedy -- and I know that if they started tomorrow and put in 12 hour days, they would likely get it all done. :iagree:I am nervous that they are not going to start tomorrow, we are going to have the walk through on friday early in the a.m. prior to the 9am settlement, $$$ will have to be kept in escrow until they finish the work.

I know that in the great big scheme of things, THIS is not THAT big of a deal.....but I so just want them to do what they agreed to do, empty all three garages, get their equipment trailer off the property and go away and I never want to see them again.

I think I need a xanax.

Thanks for listening to me whine!:001_huh:

Ours is Friday (our buyers settle on thursday - I am not concerned about them -- everything here will be in tip top shape and ready for them).

The sellers -- who do not live in the house but have totally renovat4ed it top to bottom -- i am so uneasy about. Maybe it's just moving jitters, but they have a long list of home inspection items that they have agreed to remedy -- and I know that if they started tomorrow and put in 12 hour days, they would likely get it all done. :iagree:I am nervous that they are not going to start tomorrow, we are going to have the walk through on friday early in the a.m. prior to the 9am settlement, $$$ will have to be kept in escrow until they finish the work.

I know that in the great big scheme of things, THIS is not THAT big of a deal.....but I so just want them to do what they agreed to do, empty all three garages, get their equipment trailer off the property and go away and I never want to see them again.

I think I need a xanax.

Good luck!!!

I still have nightmares about the closing on my house. I show for the walk through and the house is still full of their furniture. :001_huh: We had to move the closing up till late afternoon. Thousands went into escrow as they thought it would be nice to leave me some nasty pieces of furniture (covered in about 20 years of dust) and drag dirty pieces of furniture across the wall to wall carpeting. :confused:

At the moment I am immobilized with fear about putting my house on the market so I have done nothing.

Good luck!!!

I still have nightmares about the closing on my house. I show for the walk through and the house is still full of their furniture. :001_huh: We had to move the closing up till late afternoon. Thousands went into escrow as they thought it would be nice to leave me some nasty pieces of furniture (covered in about 20 years of dust) and drag dirty pieces of furniture across the wall to wall carpeting. :confused:

At the moment I am immobilized with fear about putting my house on the market so I have done nothing.

:svengo:

We are renting back till Sunday which is no biggie -- we will begin moving out Friday right after settlement on the new house.

I am hoping this couple (who are young) understand that the house they walk through this afternoon is not going to look the way it has looked the other times they have been here -- we are floor to ceiling boxes. Their agent seems quite savvy, though, so I am sure she will handle this.

I think I need a xanax.

Hope it all goes smoothly! I'm always a little amazed at how many people put everything off to the last possible second (and beyond!) when they're moving.

Our house is FINALLY listed. Anybody want to buy an almost-beach-house that you can work on and live in?

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3005-Sherwood-Dr_Brunswick_GA_31520_M52350-97446

Ooh, I kind of do! I love it...that style is so much fun! and, you know, so is the beach.

Congratulations to everyone who's gotten offers lately. I feel like I'm going to be the only one left soon!

We close on the new house tomorrow, and then move in not this weekend but next. If we get beyond that and don't have an offer yet, we have to decide if we're ready to think about a lease purchase. I might be getting there. Still lots of traffic (although no showings the past couple of days), still good feedback, but still no offers. We heard the people who looked on Friday want it but have to sell their house first....and it's been for sale for 6 months already. Sigh. I feel like we've been listed forever, but really it's only been 2 months...and 2 months in this market for a house that we already knew appeals to a certain kind of person and not to everyone isn't really all that long.

Hope it all goes smoothly! I'm always a little amazed at how many people put everything off to the last possible second (and beyond!) when they're moving.

Ooh, I kind of do! I love it...that style is so much fun! and, you know, so is the beach.

Congratulations to everyone who's gotten offers lately. I feel like I'm going to be the only one left soon!

We close on the new house tomorrow, and then move in not this weekend but next. If we get beyond that and don't have an offer yet, we have to decide if we're ready to think about a lease purchase. I might be getting there. Still lots of traffic (although no showings the past couple of days), still good feedback, but still no offers. We heard the people who looked on Friday want it but have to sell their house first....and it's been for sale for 6 months already. Sigh. I feel like we've been listed forever, but really it's only been 2 months...and 2 months in this market for a house that we already knew appeals to a certain kind of person and not to everyone isn't really all that long.

'Offers have an interesting dynamic -- one that I do not understand-- yours is coming. We were on just shy of two months when we got our offer -- and it felt like we were on for months.

My dd33's house has been on the market for 12 weeks -- finally, after 11 weeks of no showings, they are having one a day since Sunday.

It's coming!:)

Oh dear. The people who want the house but need to sell theirs just sent us a letter (through our agent)....it made me cry. All about how much they love the house and can see their boys growing up here. They want to do a lease purchase so they can either sell their house or rent it out and save up for a down payment. Sigh. It struck exactly the right tone....well written. Not desperate, just, "we really love the house and don't want to miss out on it." But I don't WANT to do a lease purchase. But they seem so nice! They're about to have their second little boy! I'm such a sucker. Anyway. We have to talk about it. The letter is very short on actual numbers. And we have another showing at 11:30 today. So maybe they'll make an offer and we won't have to worry about the lease purchase!

Good luck to everybody here that are in contract or showings, etc. I hope we are there very soon. We are in the last 2 weeks before we list...maybe even sooner?? I have 2 rooms that need painted and one of them needs carpet but that's not a problem...it'll all happen at the same time. We plan on having all of the painting done by maybe Tuesday. I'm doing the final 'deep clean' on the rooms that haven't been recently painted/cleaned today. We aren't touching the garage just yet. It's a 'toy box' for my husband's motorcycle collection. I think...THINK people will be able to see it for what it is...a double garage. Hopefully. After we list, he will work on getting it a bit neater. I think it's more important to list right now than to waste time on that. *whew* This is tough, nerve wracking work!!!

I've been reading this thread since the beginning but have not posted. We have had our house for sale since mid-January. Dh has been job searching out of state (he has a job here, but we'd like to move). Well, he interviewed for and was offered a position that he's really excited about. Yippee!! Now, we have to sell the house for real. We had a ton of showings in the beginning and good feedback, but no offers. We just dropped the price a little, so we're hoping that spurs more showings and an offer. Our realtor keeps telling us we have to "find the right buyer." our house is 28 years old in a neighborhood of 20-30 year old houses, but we are surrounded by neighborhoods that were built in the early 2000s. Many of those houses are new and shiny feeling compared to ours. But, we don't have a cookie-cutter neighborhood, and the houses have large lots for the area. You don't feel right on top of your neighbor. These are the things that attracted us, so it's hard to believe there aren't more people looking for this type of house. So, here's hoping that right buyer comes along soon (tomorrow would be good).:D

We're trying to sell our house. Unfortunately, no one wants a fixer-upper, mid-century modern ranch near the beach. People want a completely, totally, looks-brand-new, mid-century modern ranch near the beach for pennies on the dollar. And we're asking below market value, below everything but foreclosure value. Just what we need to pay off the mortgage. New roof, new plumbing, new paint, garden, blueberry bushes, tile and carpet throughout, tree fort with attached slide and swings, 10x15 kitchen, low maintenance yard (small but fenced). I'm praying someone will want to buy it. We get tons of calls about people wanting to rent it but nobody wants to buy it. One guy called wanting to buy the tree fort (that wraps around the 100 year old water oak) and play equipment if we'd remove it for him.:confused:

you have what we want! of course, I have no idea where you are....LOL

We are going to put our house on the market (soon as dh gets this one in ready enough condition) to move to a fixer upper near the beach....in Florida. wanna trade?!

I CANNOT believe after 3 years our house is finally selling and we get to be a family again. It has been so hard with my dh in another state. I wanted to show you the house we will be buying. This is our dream home literally and it's much bigger than it looks.

http://www.cbmwinchester.com/mlsdetails.asp?ML_Number=1122489&Address=103+New+Forest+Ct+Georgetown%2C+KY+40324

Thanks to all who have prayed these last 3 years. And I will definitely pray for those still waiting, I know how hard this is.

I CANNOT believe after 3 years our house is finally selling and we get to be a family again. It has been so hard with my dh in another state. I wanted to show you the house we will be buying. This is our dream home literally and it's much bigger than it looks.

http://www.cbmwinchester.com/mlsdetails.asp?ML_Number=1122489&Address=103+New+Forest+Ct+Georgetown%2C+KY+40324

Thanks to all who have prayed these last 3 years. And I will definitely pray for those still waiting, I know how hard this is.

GORGEOUS!!!! G-d bless you all in your new home -- wishing you blessings and happiness -- abundant happiness and overflowing blessings!:grouphug:

I feel like we've been listed forever, but really it's only been 2 months...and 2 months in this market for a house that we already knew appeals to a certain kind of person and not to everyone isn't really all that long.

We're here with you. Ours has only been listed a few weeks so far, and I'm impatient!

Our house is FINALLY listed. Anybody want to buy an almost-beach-house that you can work on and live in?

If only it wasn't in GA.....

Ours is this - though it's more sf than she listed. It's such an unusual house that we have no idea when the right buyer will come along.

you have what we want! of course, I have no idea where you are....LOL

We are going to put our house on the market (soon as dh gets this one in ready enough condition) to move to a fixer upper near the beach....in Florida. wanna trade?!

Funny - we're selling our house in Florida and moving to GA :D

\

how wonderful for you! I'm so happy you're finally going to be together and the house is just beautiful.

\

how wonderful for you! I'm so happy you're finally going to be together and the house is just beautiful.

I sat and cried over just how good the Lord has been to us these past 3yrs. And now he has provided us with our dream home. I can't believe we get to live in a home I won't be ashamed to have people come to. Our house now has ugly mauve carpet with stains, smelly basement and other embarrassing aspects. I never dreamed we would have such a nice home. I can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't checked in in awhile because we've been busy moving (moved in here on Monday. surrounded by boxes). But....we got an offer today! Hooray! It's a pretty good one, too....we're countering, but we're not going up too much over what they offered. We sent a proposal over to the lease purchase people on Monday and still haven't heard back from them, but now I'm really, really glad we didn't! I'm so glad not to have it hanging over our heads for months. So not a lease purchase, and it's a better offer than the one that fell through awhile back, too. Now we just have to see how the counter-offer thing goes, but I don't see any reason we won't be able to come to an agreement since we're already so close. Then just the inspection and financing have to come through okay, and we're finished! Yay!

Haven't checked in in awhile because we've been busy moving (moved in here on Monday. surrounded by boxes). But....we got an offer today! Hooray! It's a pretty good one, too....we're countering, but we're not going up too much over what they offered. We sent a proposal over to the lease purchase people on Monday and still haven't heard back from them, but now I'm really, really glad we didn't! I'm so glad not to have it hanging over our heads for months. So not a lease purchase, and it's a better offer than the one that fell through awhile back, too. Now we just have to see how the counter-offer thing goes, but I don't see any reason we won't be able to come to an agreement since we're already so close. Then just the inspection and financing have to come through okay, and we're finished! Yay!

:hurray::hurray::hurray::party::party::party:

• 3 weeks later...
Ours is this - though it's more sf than she listed. It's such an unusual house that we have no idea when the right buyer will come along.

WOW! I love that!

I have been nervous about ours to the point of superstition, but hopefully I will be back tomorrow...

Well, so it took me a couple of days! :D

Our house has sold. We're slated to close in a couple of weeks, and all the inspections are done, including an FHA appraisal. There's one bit of work we still have to have done, but it's not a biggie.

We also FOUND a house in Indiana, which is thrilling to me. Just finishing up inspections now, but b/c NY is SO SLOW to close, if all goes well we'll take possession of the new house a week after we close on our old one.

I didn't want to post until I knew all the contingencies were out of the way. Like I said, I've been feeling very superstitious about it! We've been separated from dh for almost five months...we miss him! I can't wait to have this transition done.

How's everybody else?

Our house has sold. We're slated to close in a couple of weeks, and all the inspections are done, including an FHA appraisal. There's one bit of work we still have to have done, but it's not a biggie.

We also FOUND a house in Indiana, which is thrilling to me. Just finishing up inspections now, but b/c NY is SO SLOW to close, if all goes well we'll take possession of the new house a week after we close on our old one.

I didn't want to post until I knew all the contingencies were out of the way. Like I said, I've been feeling very superstitious about it! We've been separated from dh for almost five months...we miss him! I can't wait to have this transition done.

How's everybody else?

Congrats!!!!

Congrats Saille!! and CajunRose - yay on being ready to list!! It looks great!

Me on the other hand? My house is never ever ever going to sell :glare: this whole process is wearing on me. Been on the market about 7 weeks, which yeah, I know isn't that long in the grand scheme of things. But we've had 31 showings...and seven weeks of keeping the house immaculate, not starting projects that can't be immediately put away...not living. We've gotten lots of weird and unhelpful feedback - a house down the street listed less than two weeks ago, for more money, and I see an "under contract" sign up today. We just dropped the price last night, we'll see what that does I guess.

Oh my goodness. Apparently our realtor listed our house on Thursday. She posted 5 pictures, 2 of which are not our property. The other 3 are from when my husband was painting the trim and show a bunch of stuff piled on the porches. She doesn't have any pictures of the inside, which isn't 100% yet, and which is why we didn't think she was posting the house yet. Oh dear.

How's everybody else?

:party::party: That's great!

We're about 6 weeks listed now, no movement. If nothing happens by the end of June I'm going to talk to our realtor about changing the price.

Oh my goodness. Apparently our realtor listed our house on Thursday. She posted 5 pictures, 2 of which are not our property. The other 3 are from when my husband was painting the trim and show a bunch of stuff piled on the porches. She doesn't have any pictures of the inside, which isn't 100% yet, and which is why we didn't think she was posting the house yet. Oh dear.

:001_huh: Wow! I made a deal with ours to let me take the inside pics, because that way I can clear out one room at a time (and shove all the stuff into another room) instead of having it all ready at once. So I email them to her as I get them done, and she decides which ones to post. I don't understand all of her choices, like having two almost identical of the kitchen but none of some bedrooms, but she's been doing this a long time so I'm trusting her judgment. She also had the sq ft wrong at first, but changed it when dh pointed it out, so apparently those listings are pretty easy to change. We even updated with better outside pics when our spring flowers were fully bloomed.

Congrats Saille!! and CajunRose - yay on being ready to list!! It looks great!

Me on the other hand? My house is never ever ever going to sell :glare: this whole process is wearing on me. Been on the market about 7 weeks, which yeah, I know isn't that long in the grand scheme of things. But we've had 31 showings...and seven weeks of keeping the house immaculate, not starting projects that can't be immediately put away...not living. We've gotten lots of weird and unhelpful feedback - a house down the street listed less than two weeks ago, for more money, and I see an "under contract" sign up today. We just dropped the price last night, we'll see what that does I guess.

Wow!! You give up easily. It took ours 3 years to sell with 100's of showings. During this time 4 houses in our neighborhood sold. We had to drop our price $25 k to get it to finally sell but so did all the others. You need to be realistic about price and fix what you can.

Whelp.....it's listed. Sign in the front yard and everything. No internet list just yet but in a few days. I'll post the link here. I'm sad, nervous, and hopeful all rolled into one.

My husband? He's ready to pack up the entire house today and leave...to where? We don't know. Funny how lives turn around huh?

Wow!! You give up easily. It took ours 3 years to sell with 100's of showings. During this time 4 houses in our neighborhood sold. We had to drop our price $25 k to get it to finally sell but so did all the others. You need to be realistic about price and fix what you can.

Ha, well I haven't given up or quit or anything. Just READY to be done and on the other side. Yikes on 3 years with 100s of showings! I don't think I have it in me for all of that!

So the bank accepted the offer. We have until the 23rd of June to be out of the house. We have a party planned for DD's birthday here on the 10th, we had previously done nothing to prepare for the move, and I'm due on the 2nd of July. Ack.

SO we've been scrambling to get through everything. We've accumulated a lot of junk and we're having to sort everything down to 'keep', 'donate', and 'trash'. We're losing a lot of space, so we can't just shift it all with us. And the party I planned for DD is prep intensive, so I'm trying to keep up with that (if only I'd known!). We're thinking baby is going to be early, so we're moving the 16th even though we have until the 23rd. And speaking of baby, we haven't been preparing in that department, either. We just finally met with our doula tonight. There's still stuff we need to buy and I need to sew more diapers.

So, party on the 10th, her birthday and my brothers baby scheduled the 12th, we get keys to the apartment the 13th, big moving day is the 16th, and add in weekly ob appts and my doula thinks that with the moving and physical labor there's a good chance baby will come early, so she'd like us ready by the 14th to be safe, so two more appts with her between now and then.

Please hide all calendars. They scare me.

Our house in VA has been on the market since March 1st. It is still showing and I know that it is getting to be the 'busy season', but it is depressing every month to make 2 payments.

We have been told that we needed to redo the hardwood floors, so this week we have someone there working on them.

Last week a huge storm came through the area and knocked down 1/2 of a huge tree in our yard. Thankfully a neighbor called to tell us and it did not hit the house, but another $400 to the tree service to take it out.

And, we dropped the price. If it does sell we will be bringing about $5k to closing.

It is never ending..... $$$$$$$

I am glad to see some houses are moving and hope we get an offer soon. The really sad part to me is that I love our home in VA. I hated leaving it. :sad: