Menu

House selling commiseration thread

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our house went on the market last Mondday and we went under contract on Saturday. We're in shock, but very thankful. Now we're hoping everything goes ok with the inspection and financing, and trying to figure out where we go from here. Positive thoughts for all of you, April is the month...

wow--that's incredible! congratulations...and good luck with the inspection, et. al.

Inspection went well! I think....I just read through the report, and it SOUNDS terrifying...but when we were actually there talking to the guy he did not sound alarmed. Nothing we didn't know about other than minor things here and there. He referred to the attic as "phenomenal," which sounds like a pretty good thing. I'm not sure I've ever had a phenomenal attic before.

Our house went on the market last Mondday and we went under contract on Saturday. We're in shock, but very thankful. Now we're hoping everything goes ok with the inspection and financing, and trying to figure out where we go from here. Positive thoughts for all of you, April is the month...

Wow- that is incredible...congratulations.

Inspection went well! I think....I just read through the report, and it SOUNDS terrifying...but when we were actually there talking to the guy he did not sound alarmed. Nothing we didn't know about other than minor things here and there. He referred to the attic as "phenomenal," which sounds like a pretty good thing. I'm not sure I've ever had a phenomenal attic before.

I'm glad the inspection went well and I hope your moving on the price of the old house will spark extra interest.

PrincessMommy, thank you!

hkchik, it's so good to hear about someone getting a house under contract. I am going to hold on to the hope your success makes me feel!

kokotg, *I* want the kitchen you're describing! I'm drooling!

Realized yesterday that our local realtors' association listing had a blank field for "garage". I'm SO annoyed. The realtor's website is correct...but a lot of transfers would go to the association first. The realtor emailed and said, "If this is stress b/c you haven't had much activity this week, it's a holiday" and "I guarantee you haven't lost a sale over this", both of which felt condescending and struck me as a lot of horse hocky. I told her flat out that I'd never have called on a house with no garage listed (there's no photo of one in the listing). It hasn't been 24 hours yet, but the listing isn't fixed. She's got until tomorrow morning for the changes to post, then I'm most likely going to phone the broker.

Realized yesterday that our local realtors' association listing had a blank field for "garage". I'm SO annoyed. The realtor's website is correct...but a lot of transfers would go to the association first. The realtor emailed and said, "If this is stress b/c you haven't had much activity this week, it's a holiday" and "I guarantee you haven't lost a sale over this", both of which felt condescending and struck me as a lot of horse hocky. I told her flat out that I'd never have called on a house with no garage listed (there's no photo of one in the listing). It hasn't been 24 hours yet, but the listing isn't fixed. She's got until tomorrow morning for the changes to post, then I'm most likely going to phone the broker.

That's SO frustrating. Yeah...especially in your part of the country, no garage would be a dealbreaker for so many people.

Oh, also! Grass is growing in my forest! I didn't quite believe it would actually happen, but we got the super shade mix, and it's coming in really well. The soil was pretty incredible out there, when we started digging into it, between the chicken poop and all the leaves composting over the years :). It's kind of hilarious to look out there, though....there's our fence, with our grass seedlings and pine strawed sections (where it was way too rooty for grass) inside and then nothing but super dense woods right on the other side of the fence....like we're just barely holding back the wilderness with our fence.

We own two properties - the house we live in now and a rental property.

The rental property went up for sale in November. Finally a few weeks ago we get an offer and accept it. The buyer is paying without financing so closing was done in just a week. The day before closing we find out that the title company who we used when we bought the land the home is on messed up on the legal description. The title is void. So now they have to find the original sellers and see if they will sign a new deed thing. If they cannot find them, we have to advertise nationally for six months and pay roughly 2k. Of course the seller will walk before too much longer. We are waiting to hear if they find the original sellers. : (

My dh moved to his new job in Ohio last November. We are in Florida (me and the children). This house isn't ready to be put up for sale. We were hoping that we could just buy a house up there once the rental property sold then put this one up after we leave.

Renting up there while we wait would be challening - 8 children, 2 grand-children, my huband and I, and three dogs, cat, and two birds. I'm just numb at this point. Don't know if the rental property will sell or not. Don't know when to get this one ready (hard to get a house ready for sale with so many living in it)..etc.

bleh.

The rental property went up for sale in November. Finally a few weeks ago we get an offer and accept it. The buyer is paying without financing so closing was done in just a week. The day before closing we find out that the title company who we used when we bought the land the home is on messed up on the legal description. The title is void. So now they have to find the original sellers and see if they will sign a new deed thing. If they cannot find them, we have to advertise nationally for six months and pay roughly 2k. Of course the seller will walk before too much longer. We are waiting to hear if they find the original sellers. : (

My dh moved to his new job in Ohio last November. We are in Florida (me and the children). This house isn't ready to be put up for sale. We were hoping that we could just buy a house up there once the rental property sold then put this one up after we leave.

Renting up there while we wait would be challening - 8 children, 2 grand-children, my huband and I, and three dogs, cat, and two birds. I'm just numb at this point. Don't know if the rental property will sell or not. Don't know when to get this one ready (hard to get a house ready for sale with so many living in it)..etc.

bleh.

What a bad break for you. Prayers that they find the original owners. I agree... getting a house ready with a lot of people living in it will be very hard. I hope this comes together for you very soon.

Congrats!!!!! WOoohooo!!!!!!

Great news! And congrats on the updated kitchen in your current house. I know that's a relief to have that done. Link the pics if you get a chance. I'd love to see it. I love black kitchen cabinets.

Today we signed with a new realtor. Whew! I am SO glad that old realtor is behind us. Hindsight is 20/20, and as we find out more and look back over the last few months, we realize we should have fired her long ago. But, that is over and done with.

I'm SO excited about the new realtor. She immediately *got* our house. It needs a big family, possibly multi-generational family, someone who isn't looking for bells-and-whistles and bling. It was such a relief. We have a few things to work on and cleaning to do like re-washing the windows and then it should be on the market next week. YAY.

Yay for the new realtor!!!! Sounds like she is already working harder for you. Woop!

Could use some prayers...we've had showings, but no offers. Two houses in our school district and price range (one of which had granite countertops) sold in the interim. I'm stressed. We have been pinching every penny for years. We need our cushion to pay for the actual move. We have until about May 1st to get the house under contract if we want closing to happen before dh's apartment lease in the new town is up. We really can't pay for two residences. I don't know what we'll do at that point. We could take a loss on the house, of course. And might have to. Our window is tight. But that means who knows how long of renting and not unpacking and no garden and...I've done that before, you know? Twice. I feel like most of the kids' childhood has been living in a rental with our belongings packed in boxes in the garage.

I keep rooting you all on. I'd feel so validated if I saw one of you under contract.

Praying for you! I know that feeling of living in boxes all too well with my kids.

bleh.

Praying for you and sending you lots of :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:.

bleh.

Oh, wow! That sounds so stressful! I hope it all works out for you....keep us updated!

Kokotg, your kitchen looks great! I feel sure you will sell quickly now.

We only had one showing last week. We dropped our price $10,000 midweek, but still no activity. I suppose that is because of the holiday. We have two showing scheduled this week. I'm so tired of cleaning! Don't really have the motivation to get ready for tomorrow's showing....

Oh, also! Grass is growing in my forest! I didn't quite believe it would actually happen, but we got the super shade mix, and it's coming in really well. The soil was pretty incredible out there, when we started digging into it, between the chicken poop and all the leaves composting over the years :). It's kind of hilarious to look out there, though....there's our fence, with our grass seedlings and pine strawed sections (where it was way too rooty for grass) inside and then nothing but super dense woods right on the other side of the fence....like we're just barely holding back the wilderness with our fence.

Well, w00t! I'm glad that's going well! And the kitchen looks amazing.

So, yesterday morning at ten, I sent the following email to the realtor:

I'm just checking in. I see where you changed the description on ***** to:

LOVELY 4BD/1BA HOME ON 3 ACRES WITH WELL ESTABLISHED GARDENS INCLUDING PERENNIAL HERBS & FLOWERS/FRUIT TREES & BERRY BUSHES. A POULTRY BARN W/ BUILT-IN NESTING BOXES/PERCHES & PENS. COUNTRY LIVING AT ITS BEST JUST MINUTES FROM THE CITY. SELLER'S ARE RELOCATING & MOTIVATED TO MAKE THIS YOUR NEW HOME.

However, although I've waited 36 hours, both to give you time to make the changes and to allow 24 hours for the site to post them, as of 10:00 a.m. on the 10th, the two-car garage is still not mentioned on the description or in the provided field. Please make this change and email me to let me know it's been done. Also, please remove the apostrophe from "Seller's".

She called me an hour or so later *freaking out*. I mean, interrupting me to the point that I had to say, "Listen. LISTEN! I am not comfortable with the way you are interrupting me. I need you to listen until I'm finished speaking." :eek:

I think her default WRT criticism is defensiveness. And I am thoroughly irritated, b/c she asked me again if I was sure I was on the right website. And started to tell me that she put it in, and if it wasn't showing, there was nothing she could do. Um, no. I told her she needed to log out of the system and go look at it as a customer. I cleared my cookies and cache (my idea). Still not showing. "So, I said, "It is clearly (the other web host's) problem. They need to fix it. One of us needs to call them." I think that may be what finally settled it down, b/c I'm sure there was very little doubt in her mind that I'd do it. So, she called them, and they fixed it, but at this point I'll be sitting down with the broker if there's any further problem. I've had enough. Act like a professional if you want to keep my business. And quit killing kittens.

I'm glad the listing was finally corrected, at least, Saille! Hope things pick up this weekend, now that everyone knows they have somewhere to park their car at your house :)

We had a no show this morning....or, more precisely, apparently (according to the agent's response to our agent when she asked why they didn't show up) they drove by and decided they didn't like the look of it from the outside so they didn't come in. It would be helpful to me if they'd do their drive-by BEFORE scheduling the appointment and making me drag kids and pets out of the house for an hour in the middle of our school day, thanks. I'm just saying.

But we STILL haven't posted the kitchen pics or done the price drop. My agent is having someone who works for her husband come out and pressure wash for us tomorrow. We actually DID pressure wash before we listed it, honest we did, but we borrowed my brother's pressure washer and did it ourselves, and apparently we didn't do a good enough job. Anyway, so she wants to wait until that's done then post all the new pictures at once and drop the price. I'm getting antsy, because I really want people to see it for weekend house hunting. DH keeps saying stuff like, "I have really high hopes for this weekend!" I kind of wish he'd stop, because I'm trying very hard NOT to get MY hopes up too much.

ETA: thanks for the kind words about the kitchen, everyone--hoping potential buyers are just as impressed :)

Edited by kokotg

I have not read all the pages, but did read some. Y'all are funny. I'm glad I am not the only one who is super tired of CLEANING!!!

Here's our story...

We had our house on the market last year for 9 months with 18 showings total and NO offers. We took a break this winter and then my dh got transferred. Now we have to move. So back on the market...clean, clean, clean....get 10 showings in a month and.......Get an offer!!! Yippy!! 3 days later they cancel the contract because they could not get funding. Oh boo:glare:

So now we are actually moved out and guess what I did all day.... clean, clean, clean!!

Well, hopefully we'll get another offer soon. Trusting God on this one;)

Thanks for the thread,

Kristen

I have not read all the pages, but did read some. Y'all are funny. I'm glad I am not the only one who is super tired of CLEANING!!!

Here's our story...

We had our house on the market last year for 9 months with 18 showings total and NO offers. We took a break this winter and then my dh got transferred. Now we have to move. So back on the market...clean, clean, clean....get 10 showings in a month and.......Get an offer!!! Yippy!! 3 days later they cancel the contract because they could not get funding. Oh boo:glare:

So now we are actually moved out and guess what I did all day.... clean, clean, clean!!

Well, hopefully we'll get another offer soon. Trusting God on this one;)

Thanks for the thread,

Kristen

oh no! I hope another offer comes soon. I spend so much time over at the other house getting it ready - CLEANING that the house I'm living in is looking rather sad. It's hard to keep two houses going.

Thanks for the laughs.....:lol: I have needed them.

Our house was put on the market almost 6 weeks ago. We have had many showings but no offers. The house is sitting empty. Our Realtor feels it is priced right and from looking at the comps in the area we do too. If we drop it we would have to come to closing with cash. :confused:

How long do you wait?? When do you drop the price? He has said the market is picking up, so we were thinking of waiting until the end of May and then possibly dropping the price. Any thoughts??

Thanks! :grouphug: for everyone trying to sell right now!

We have a showing on Tuesday, and another Open House next Saturday.

I emailed the realtor last night to discuss price drops, and enumerated in my email how many and which houses were for sale in our school district, in our price range (there are four, including ours, listed between 100-120K). She just emailed me a link to search results for the local realtor's association listing *in the village*, which is not the sum total of the school district. She included all listings, which meant several were 30-40K above our price range. Sigh. Why are we having two conversations? Why is she sending me things I told her I already know? How many of these emails do I have to be gracious about before I can elicit the information I actually need?

ETA that the site she sent me the information from is the same one I used. It's publicly accessible, see...sigh. Never mind. I'm just really tired of people who only moderately know how to use the internets assuming I do not know how to use them when I'm telling them that I'm using them...

Edited by Saille

New kitchen pics aren't in the listing yet, but here's one I took just for you guys :)

That's gorgeous. I would buy your house. :)

Thank you!

Our house went on the market last night and we have a showing today. Here's hoping things go quickly.

that was quick! Hope it's a sign of good things to come!

Price drop and new pictures yesterday....they're slow to show up on various sites, though....realtor.com still has the old pictures and the old price, I think, as does Zillow. some local sites have all the new information. so, anyway, trying not to worry that we haven't been flooded with calls yet :). I keep checking our competition....we're the only non foreclosure or short sale with 4 bedrooms in our school district under 150. some of the short sales/foreclosures have a good bit more square footage, but not nearly as much land and they're on slabs instead of basements. So we just need one person who prefers privacy and/or woods and not dealing with an HOA over square footage in a cookie cutter house on a postage stamp sized lot. Can you tell which I would (did?) pick? :D We do have a very finishable basement, so that potentially helps with our square footage shortfall, too. That's what we would have done had we stayed here.

Showing today! Fingers crossed! I'm kind of over this house selling thing. It's not the flood of showings I'd hoped for when people saw our new price/kitchen, but it's something. It only takes one, right?

Hope everyone else's weekend is full of house-y activity!

Showing today! Fingers crossed! I'm kind of over this house selling thing. It's not the flood of showings I'd hoped for when people saw our new price/kitchen, but it's something. It only takes one, right?

Hope everyone else's weekend is full of house-y activity!

I'm sorry there hasn't been the interest you'd anticipated. I hope that changes this week.

I went over about 30min. before our open house to get some stuff done on our pool. A realtor showed up to look at the house and before I left an older couple arrived with a realtor. I'm not sure why a 60+yr old couple would want a house with 5 bedrooms, an in-law suite, a pool, and 1.4 acres... but maybe they were out looking for the kids.

I was a bit weepy going back home. I so want another family for this house and I'm still having trouble shaking the feeling that this was all a big mistake on my part.

I went over about 30min. before our open house to get some stuff done on our pool. A realtor showed up to look at the house and before I left an older couple arrived with a realtor. I'm not sure why a 60+yr old couple would want a house with 5 bedrooms, an in-law suite, a pool, and 1.4 acres... but maybe they were out looking for the kids.

I was a bit weepy going back home. I so want another family for this house and I'm still having trouble shaking the feeling that this was all a big mistake on my part.

We've had some of the same experiences...I feel like this is a great house for a family, but a lot of potential buyers are older...childless couples, retirees, etc. I think our no HOA thing might appeal to some older people...people with boats or RVs or whatever.

And I know what you mean....I've been so busy dealing with two houses that I haven't had much time to get nostalgic....but now that it's spring here and my woods look SO pretty and green, I find myself thinking more about how I'm going to miss it. I brought two babies home here, and the oldest was so little when we moved in he doesn't remember anywhere else. I love the new house, and I'm excited about something different, but our lot here is kind of a dream yard for three boys...tree fort in the woods, a creek to play in, trails through the woods to the bigger creek, a yard full of chickens until very recently... We're going to have to do a lot of work to make the new yard nearly as interesting :D And I keep being surprised no one thinks we're crazy for moving before we sell this house. It's reassuring, I guess. Last time we took this big of a risk financially was when we moved HERE....from Boston, to be near family; DH hadn't found a job yet, and I was 7 months pregnant with DS8. And THAT worked out pretty well, anyway. /ramble

no feedback from today's showing yet. Hoping for a lot of traffic this week!

We've had some of the same experiences...I feel like this is a great house for a family, but a lot of potential buyers are older...childless couples, retirees, etc. I think our no HOA thing might appeal to some older people...people with boats or RVs or whatever.

And I know what you mean....I've been so busy dealing with two houses that I haven't had much time to get nostalgic....but now that it's spring here and my woods look SO pretty and green, I find myself thinking more about how I'm going to miss it. I brought two babies home here, and the oldest was so little when we moved in he doesn't remember anywhere else. I love the new house, and I'm excited about something different, but our lot here is kind of a dream yard for three boys...tree fort in the woods, a creek to play in, trails through the woods to the bigger creek, a yard full of chickens until very recently... We're going to have to do a lot of work to make the new yard nearly as interesting :D And I keep being surprised no one thinks we're crazy for moving before we sell this house. It's reassuring, I guess. Last time we took this big of a risk financially was when we moved HERE....from Boston, to be near family; DH hadn't found a job yet, and I was 7 months pregnant with DS8. And THAT worked out pretty well, anyway. /ramble

no feedback from today's showing yet. Hoping for a lot of traffic this week!

I really appreciate this ramble. It's exactly how I've been feeling. It was like a big hug... seriously. Sometimes I regret pulling my youngest away from such a great house/land/pool. Room to run around and throw things and be a boy. But, he was often bored and lonely too. He still gets bored here, but not nearly as much. He's 5 yrs younger than his next sibling, so he's very much like an only.

It turns out we had 30 people through the house today! And wouldn't you know it but the 60yr old couple I saw are probably putting a contract on the house tonight (they came back 2x!). They have a grown son who lives with them and other married kids with children who come to visit. Sigh. Not what I was looking for, but what can I do? I feel bad for my neighbor's son. He's going into high school next year and my family keeps reminding me that once he's in high school neighborhood kids won't mean so much. But, I still feel bad. I guess the good thing is they won't be having wild parties into the night. :D

It turns out we had 30 people through the house today! And wouldn't you know it but the 60yr old couple I saw are probably putting a contract on the house tonight (they came back 2x!). They have a grown son who lives with them and other married kids with children who come to visit. Sigh. Not what I was looking for, but what can I do? I feel bad for my neighbor's son. He's going into high school next year and my family keeps reminding me that once he's in high school neighborhood kids won't mean so much. But, I still feel bad. I guess the good thing is they won't be having wild parties into the night. :D

Wow--that was fast! Fingers crossed that it's a good offer :)

It will be three years since we have been living apart in July. We have had our house on the market off and on since then. We put our house back on the market last week and have had 10 showings since then. We have gotten no feedback at all from any of them so I am not sure what to think.

We had to reduce our price $20k from what we had it priced at 3yrs ago. OUCH!!! This time dh's co will help with some things but they will not buy our home if it does not sell. DS who will be a senior next year wishes we would just hang here until he graduates. I can't imagine what it will be like for him if we do sell and move for his senior year. I guess we will see what comes of putting it back on the market.

It will be three years since we have been living apart in July. We have had our house on the market off and on since then. We put our house back on the market last week and have had 10 showings since then. We have gotten no feedback at all from any of them so I am not sure what to think.

We had to reduce our price $20k from what we had it priced at 3yrs ago. OUCH!!! This time dh's co will help with some things but they will not buy our home if it does not sell. DS who will be a senior next year wishes we would just hang here until he graduates. I can't imagine what it will be like for him if we do sell and move for his senior year. I guess we will see what comes of putting it back on the market.

wow. Three years of living apart. How far away is your husband?

This sounds like such a difficult situation with your son. I hope the best for all of you.

Wow--that was fast! Fingers crossed that it's a good offer :)

Well, it's been over 24 hours and still no offer. Honestly, I'm relieved. I really don't see what a couple with an adult child would want with such a big house/land/pool? Plus, I'd love to see a growing family move in for my neighbors. I know, it's crazy, I should be happy about any potential offer..and I'd be so happy not to have to keep going over there to deal with the pool. I think I'd make a terrible realtor :001_smile:. *I* have in mind the perfect homeowners and I'm having a hard time seeing past that.

My realtor did say she heard there were others interested who may put an offer on the house but they couldn't visit until later this week. We'll see.

Ugh! What a stressful situation all around! How far away is your DH?

Well, it's been over 24 hours and still no offer. Honestly, I'm relieved. I really don't see what a couple with an adult child would want with such a big house/land/pool? Plus, I'd love to see a growing family move in for my neighbors. I know, it's crazy, I should be happy about any potential offer..and I'd be so happy not to have to keep going over there to deal with the pool. I think I'd make a terrible realtor :001_smile:. *I* have in mind the perfect homeowners and I'm having a hard time seeing past that.

My realtor did say she heard there were others interested who may put an offer on the house but they couldn't visit until later this week. We'll see.

I know what you mean...I'd love to see a young family move in here, too! Although, seven weeks in, I'm not going to be picky :)

We had a showing scheduled for 5-6 today. We got home at 10 til 6, and they were still here. They didn't leave until 6:30! I have no idea what time they got here, but a minimum of 40 minutes looking at the house...seems like they must be interested, right? I saw them on the porch; they had a baby and a toddler :) I texted my agent and said I thought maybe they'd already moved in :D

and another showing tomorrow morning...let the bidding war begin! (or, you know, let at least one of them like it enough to make a decent offer!)

Ugh! What a stressful situation all around! How far away is your DH?

I know what you mean...I'd love to see a young family move in here, too! Although, seven weeks in, I'm not going to be picky :)

We had a showing scheduled for 5-6 today. We got home at 10 til 6, and they were still here. They didn't leave until 6:30! I have no idea what time they got here, but a minimum of 40 minutes looking at the house...seems like they must be interested, right? I saw them on the porch; they had a baby and a toddler :) I texted my agent and said I thought maybe they'd already moved in :D

and another showing tomorrow morning...let the bidding war begin! (or, you know, let at least one of them like it enough to make a decent offer!)

Wouldn't it be great to get a bidding war.

Well, about an hour after I wrote on here our realtor called. They submitted a low-ball offer AND asked for closing costs (3pts). But, they can put 100K towards a down payment :confused:. We're 3 days in to having it on the market and I'm not feeling THAT desperate yet. I don't know if we have to have our realtor officially give us the offer before we reject it, but that's what I'm thinking we will do. I hate to waste everyone's time (mine, hubby and realtor). I'll call her tomorrow, as she told me she'd be in meetings tonight.

We have another showing scheduled for tomorrow night too.

We have another showing scheduled for tomorrow night too.

Congrats on the activity! I would not respond to an offer that was not in writing -- if it's not in writing, in my opinion, they are not serious about THAT particular offer.

Since you have another showing already scheduled, your agent can respond with something along the lines of: they are entertaining written offers only, and they have other showings scheduled so they have no reason to consider that a verbal offer is serious.

Congrats on the activity! I would not respond to an offer that was not in writing -- if it's not in writing, in my opinion, they are not serious about THAT particular offer.

Since you have another showing already scheduled, your agent can respond with something along the lines of: they are entertaining written offers only, and they have other showings scheduled so they have no reason to consider that a verbal offer is serious.

:iagree:

We got a written offer. It's was quite low and they wanted a few "extras" :glare:. My realtor said; "No, we're definitely not doing that...no way." The potential buyers come from a culture where bartering is quite common, so we kind of took the cue from that and countered WAY back up, but still under the asking price. I'm concerned that this will just be the beginning of a nickle-n-dime experience. I rather wanted to walk away but my dh and realtor thought that they are very good buyers (no debt, lots to put down on the mortgage) so we should at least counter and see what happens.

We had another couple come through that were quite interested in the house. I don't know if we'll hear anything before this particular offer is ratified though.

It turns out they have some grand kids who live with them and others who will be coming to visit for the summer. That made me feel a lot better about it, but I still have a nagging feeling that they might be difficult to deal with after looking at the offer. Yeah, they're great buyers, but I don't want to lie down and let them run over me either.

We got a written offer. It's was quite low and they wanted a few "extras" :glare:. My realtor said; "No, we're definitely not doing that...no way." The potential buyers come from a culture where bartering is quite common, so we kind of took the cue from that and countered WAY back up, but still under the asking price. I'm concerned that this will just be the beginning of a nickle-n-dime experience. I rather wanted to walk away but my dh and realtor thought that they are very good buyers (no debt, lots to put down on the mortgage) so we should at least counter and see what happens.

We had another couple come through that were quite interested in the house. I don't know if we'll hear anything before this particular offer is ratified though.

It turns out they have some grand kids who live with them and others who will be coming to visit for the summer. That made me feel a lot better about it, but I still have a nagging feeling that they might be difficult to deal with after looking at the offer. Yeah, they're great buyers, but I don't want to lie down and let them run over me either.

Well...hope it works out...one way or the other! It makes me nervous when people go in asking for a bunch of stuff, too...what are they going to do after the inspection?

We were supposed to have THREE more showings today! Last people didn't show, but there was a pretty nasty hail storm coming through right when they were supposed to be here, so I wasn't surprised. The first two people came and both took one of the booklets with the seller's disclosure, etc. in it. We've heard we're a maybe for the people who looked last night, too. So....promising stuff.