Menu

what are your favorite gourmet meals?

Dh and I are going away for a week for our 10th anniversary and I need ideas. We rented a house in the Smokies and it has a kitchen, so we're going to do most of our own cooking. I want to make a lot of good meals...stuff the kids would gag at :D Our favorite meal is chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese with a balsamic reduction. What are your favorite gourmet meals?

I have fond memories of a black and white (two different sauces) chataeubriand - until the owner retired.:glare:

copper-river sockeye salmon with wild rice (it must be wild salmon) and blackberry pie for dessert:drool5:

our favorite italian place will occasionally do a crab ravioli with lobster sauce. to die for.

a lot depends upon what you like to cook. I also love greek food, and the ingredients are generally very available. (e.g. phyllo is usually the hardest to find.)

If I showed up to a weekend like that without red meat, my dh would probably go home.

For an appetizer, artichoke dip and finger veggies followed by a lovely Rib Eye steak with grilled shrimp, a baked sweet potato and a fresh green salad. For dessert, a berry cobler with ice cream or a chocolate somethin' somethin'. There should also be Mike's for him, and a bottle of wine for me.

It's not what some would call gourmet, but it is nice to have a delicious meal that you don't have to slave in the kitchen over. I have enjoyed seeing everyone elses suggestions.