Menu

Movie suggestions for 1890-1913 time period

Not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for, but on Netflix instant download there are some documentary videos. My boys just watched the one on building the Brooklyn Bridge. I believe it was part of the Modern Marvels series. There is also a series called Project XX that deals with time periods during the early 1900s. There is one for 1900-1914 called Project XX: The Innocent Years. I have not seen that series so no idea how appropriate the content is.

Cheaper by the Dozen (1950)

A Room With a View

All Quiet on the Western Front

Einstein and Eddington

Joyeux Noël

The Red Baron

Chaplin

Ghandi (because it goes back to the 1890's)

The Picture of Dorian Gray

Citizen Kane

The War of the Worlds

These are great! And I LOVED Cheaper by the Dozen! I grew up in Glen Ridge, NJ, right next to Montclair where they lived!

Thank you!

Not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for, but on Netflix instant download there are some documentary videos. My boys just watched the one on building the Brooklyn Bridge. I believe it was part of the Modern Marvels series. There is also a series called Project XX that deals with time periods during the early 1900s. There is one for 1900-1914 called Project XX: The Innocent Years. I have not seen that series so no idea how appropriate the content is.

I've seen these. Sometimes I can get my son to watch docs, sometimes not. However we did watch the Brooklyn Bridge one right before we were planning on walking over it, which was really neat!

I'll have to check out the rest. Thanks.