Menu

Combining 5th and 8th?

mamakelly

I'm trying to plan next year. I have always had such a hard time combining anything for my 2 middle kids, since they are 3 years apart. With my oldest in high school I don't have to think about what to do with him schoolwise anymore. I want to combine a few subjects for my 5th and 8th graders, neither of them are advanced or ahead. So any suggtestions for how I could combine a few subjects for 5th and 8th?

I have 3rd and 7th and next year will have 4th and 8th. We still and will combine History and Science. I choose History curricula on the youngests level and then require the older to go more in depth by outlining, reading more, and instead of crafts, (although he does a few) he does more in depth map work or biographical reports. Science I do the opposite. Our curricula is for the older and I require less of the younger. We also do Art, philosophy, and Spanish together. It took a year for us to figure out what works and how to schedule it so I could be hands on with each of them where they need extra help.