Menu

Apparently I have a rare skill...lol

It's called: Changing the toilet paper roll from empty to full.

Funny how quickly my kids developed that superpower after I stopped replacing the TP in their bathroom. Hopping down the hall with their pants around their ankles a few times seems to do the trick. :D

My superpowers are finding things in plain sight and putting shoes in their proper place.

Yeah, I'm still the only one here with that power. :lol:

Jackie

Edited by Corraleno
typos

I have that too.

It drives me nuts when my DH gets a roll out and sets it on the counter because, you know, it's so very hard to take the empty roll off and put the new one on.

It must be hard, because my husband does that, too! :lol::lol::lol:

He does out away dishes and load the dishwasher, though. And, he vacuums.

But, he cleaned a toilet once and then mentioned the fact every day for a week, now that is a really rare skill, cleaning toilets. Even rarer, cleaning toilets without mentioning the fact that you have cleaned said toilet.

My dh has mastered the much-coveted "changing the roll" skill, but has not mastered the concept that the other roll should be empty before it is removed from the holder and discarded. :confused:

I am not entirely sure why he has some sort of aversion to using the last several sheets of tp on every. single. roll. :glare:

I am also not entirely sure why this bothers me, as it's not a money thing for me, and I'm not usually that upset when the last bits of other things are wasted.

Except toothpaste. I can't bring myself to waste the last of that, either.

OK, and I do like to use bars of soap all the way to the last sliver.

Now that I think of it, maybe my dh is the normal one, and I'm the nut. :tongue_smilie:

Or maybe I just have some sort of weird bathroom supply disorder.

It's called:

Changing the toilet paper roll from empty to full.

That is all.

Me too! But not only at my house but at my co-op as well. I spend all day on Thursdays changing the tp every single time I have to take my daughter or myself to the bathroom. It is mind boggling, though, as that place is full of people you would think share this power. :glare:

I've solved that problem. I've commandeered my (very small) master bathroom all for myself, and my husband and son share the hall bathroom. I don't go in theirs, they don't go in mine. Eventually, they always figure out how to replace that roll or clean the toilet. :D (Admittedly, this wouldn't work in a larger household.)

Oh... and my very special secret skill? Magically making food appear in the cabinets and refrigerator. I am obviously a hunting and gathering queen!!

I, too, have mastered the art of the TP roll. It must take years of careful observation before you can venture out into actually changing the roll...cause the rest of the family is still in the observation stage.

My other highly prized skill is putting soap in the hand soap dispensers. I seem to be the only one in the house with that particular skill...and I don't think they're even to the observation stage on that one!

Wow...is thread a meeting of MENSA or what?

I too, am a GENIUS when it comes to toilet paper roll changing! I should really charge people to watch me do it. I could join a traveling circus or something.

The odd thing is, that even though I am the David Copperfiled of toliet paper, I have NEVER been able to find an apprentice to pass my skill on to....my rare and beautiful gift dies with me!

Bummer, I guess I won't qualify for a cape:glare: I gave my powers to my dh. He is TP man! He always makes sure there is tp in the house(he is always on the look out for a good deal too) and makes sure the master bedroom is stocked. Just yesterday I noticed the roll was getting low and the stock was gone and commented and voila all is good!;)

I just tell him "He IS the MAN":D

It's called:

Changing the toilet paper roll from empty to full.

That is all.

:lol:

My superpower is the ability to look at an object, figure out where it belongs, and then put it there (as opposed to stuffing it out of site in the nearest convenient place). I've long dreamed that one of my kids would inherit this superpower, but alas, I think not.

My dh has mastered the much-coveted "changing the roll" skill, but has not mastered the concept that the other roll should be empty before it is removed from the holder and discarded. :confused:

I am not entirely sure why he has some sort of aversion to using the last several sheets of tp on every. single. roll. :glare:

I am also not entirely sure why this bothers me, as it's not a money thing for me, and I'm not usually that upset when the last bits of other things are wasted.

Except toothpaste. I can't bring myself to waste the last of that, either.

OK, and I do like to use bars of soap all the way to the last sliver.

Now that I think of it, maybe my dh is the normal one, and I'm the nut. :tongue_smilie:

Or maybe I just have some sort of weird bathroom supply disorder.

:lol::lol:

Yep, I think you have a diagnosis. I wonder what kind of treatment plan you need.

I suggest immersion therapy.

Here's what we'll do:

A group of boardies will come to your home. We will whittle all bars of soap down to a thin sliver; so small that the soap clings to the soap dish, and you have to scraaaaape it up with your fingernails in order to use it. Then, we'll empty all soap bottles to the very last drop, so that you have to pump it hard three or four times just to get a tiny blurb of soap to come out. We'll then empty all toilet paper and paper towel rolls, leaving just the sheet that is glued to the cardboard tube. We'll drain all your shampoo, body soap, and conditioner bottles to the last bit, so that you have to shake them upside down while squeezing them repeatedly, and then all you get is a tiny spray of product along with that oh so pleasant PFFFT! farty sound.

:D

That'll either cure you, or drive you completely over the edge to insane. Either way, it'll be fun to watch.

I suggest immersion therapy.

Here's what we'll do:

A group of boardies will come to your home. We will whittle all bars of soap down to a thin sliver; so small that the soap clings to the soap dish, and you have to scraaaaape it up with your fingernails in order to use it. Then, we'll empty all soap bottles to the very last drop, so that you have to pump it hard three or four times just to get a tiny blurb of soap to come out. We'll then empty all toilet paper and paper towel rolls, leaving just the sheet that is glued to the cardboard tube. We'll drain all your shampoo, body soap, and conditioner bottles to the last bit, so that you have to shake them upside down while squeezing them repeatedly, and then all you get is a tiny spray of product along with that oh so pleasant PFFFT! farty sound.

:D

That'll either cure you, or drive you completely over the edge to insane. Either way, it'll be fun to watch.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh this is totally my husband. Never uses the end of the roll.

Another thing is when the littlest child gets paper, she always unrolls way more than she needs so she leaves a big pile laying on the floor. When DH finds this, he rips off everything she has unrolled and THROWS IT AWAY and takes new stuff off the roll for his needs. It's not dirty just unrolled but he refuses to use it. Drives me crazy. When I find it, I just re-rolled the loose stuff.

:D :D :D :D

This is so cool. I have been wanting a new cape.

But does this mean we'll need to supply our own tights?

Will the tights have SPANX already in them? I'm gonna need that type. Or yoga pants made to look like tights. Optical illusions and all that.

I have the joy of being the only one in my household who can put dirty things into a receptacle for such things. Dirty clothes magically fall into the hamper at the snap of my fingers. Empty cracker bags and unused, off-the-roll paper towels quickly succumb to "The Look" by jumping into the trash can.

What can I say? DH married a freak of nature.:rofl::coolgleamA:

Wow...is thread a meeting of MENSA or what?

I too, am a GENIUS when it comes to toilet paper roll changing! I should really charge people to watch me do it. I could join a traveling circus or something.

The odd thing is, that even though I am the David Copperfiled of toliet paper, I have NEVER been able to find an apprentice to pass my skill on to....my rare and beautiful gift dies with me!

:lol::lol::lol:

I have that too.

It drives me nuts when my DH gets a roll out and sets it on the counter because, you know, it's so very hard to take the empty roll off and put the new one on.

this explains a LOT.

My DH built our house, and there is not a single toilet roll holder in the whole house. We have been living for 17 years with the toilet roll sitting on the vanity cupboard.

I, too, have mastered the art of the TP roll. It must take years of careful observation before you can venture out into actually changing the roll...cause the rest of the family is still in the observation stage.

My other highly prized skill is putting soap in the hand soap dispensers. I seem to be the only one in the house with that particular skill...and I don't think they're even to the observation stage on that one!

This is my skill too. I go in there and see the pump soap empty and wonder...how long has it been empty? Why does no.one.know.how.to.fill.it.but.me??? :glare: If you turn your head to the right and down....there is the large refill bottle of soap. :banghead:

The other thing that I can do that dh can't do is pick up his dirty socks off the living room floor every.single.night. :glare: :ack2: