Menu

If your lymph nodes are swollen enough

My appointment is in two weeks. I got a call from them saying that my thyroid and iron levels were fine. I had hoped that they weren't so that I would have an easy fix. My lymph nodes are fighting something. My blood sugar is slightly elevated which happens when you are sick. Perhaps that is affecting my bp. Or perhaps I will just have to suck it up and take medication. I just hate popping pills when I don't know WHY my body is acting the way it is.

A much more extreme example but my mom was having trouble with her gall bladder and her blood pressure was extremely high. She normally has fairly low blood pressure and we were a little concerned but the doctor said not to worry about it because it was a symptom of the pain and discomfort she was experiencing. Sure enough, when she felt better it went back down. The doctor said any kind of sickness or pain or stress can cause your blood pressure to rise. That may not be what is going on for you but I know it does happen. I hope you find some answers.

A much more extreme example but my mom was having trouble with her gall bladder and her blood pressure was extremely high. She normally has fairly low blood pressure and we were a little concerned but the doctor said not to worry about it because it was a symptom of the pain and discomfort she was experiencing. Sure enough, when she felt better it went back down. The doctor said any kind of sickness or pain or stress can cause your blood pressure to rise. That may not be what is going on for you but I know it does happen. I hope you find some answers.

I did think of that. My blood sugar is slightly elevated right now and I know that can happen when you're ill. I was wondering if that happened with blood pressure too.

Elevated blood sugar can cause elevated blood pressure...or so says my doctor.

So if you're having a blood sugar issue, that may be affecting your blood pressure, too.

Thanks. I think that might be what is happening. My bp isn't normally elevated so I'm hoping that if I can kick whatever this is (virus maybe?) , that everything will go back to normal.