Menu

How can someone be banned but still logged in

i don't even have a clue who's banned:confused: so even if they were logged in, i'd never notice that they weren't supposed to b here.

Sometimes I notice if a friend has been banned..don't like that!!

I don't know, I'm just an amateur here. :lol:

i don't even have a clue who's banned:confused: so even if they were logged in, i'd never notice that they weren't supposed to b here.

You can tell that someone's been banned but is still logged in because the little green light next to their name is lit up (meaning they're here) and it says "Banned" under their name.

:seeya: [waves to banned person and wonders what he/she/it did this time! :D ]

Jackie

You can tell that someone's been banned but is still logged in because the little green light next to their name is lit up (meaning they're here) and it says "Banned" under their name.

:seeya: [waves to banned person and wonders what he/she/it did this time! :D ]

Jackie

wow! i had no idea, lol. now it makes much more sense to me why people make comments to banned people every so often!!:D

wow! i had no idea, lol. now it makes much more sense to me why people make comments to banned people every so often!!:D

But you don't have to be logged in to read the forum.

And...hey there, hello! Yes, you! :D

But you don't have to be logged in to read the forum.

And...hey there, hello! Yes, you! :D

lol. i only know a few usernames here and i don't even notice when they're not posting ......so to be banned and missed is crazy impressive to me!!! i'm going to give them a "shout out" too:lol:

hey there banned member!!!:seeya:

Whew, no green light by my name.:lol:

Yes, you have a green dot right beside your user name. That means that you are currently on-line and signed in. If you are banned it will say banned under your name. You could be banned and still signed in. I have my account set so that whenever I come here, I am automatically signed it but I also have it set to invisable so I never have a green dot next to my name. Mine is always grey

ETA: Mine is always red meaning invisable. I think Grey means not on-line right now.

Edited by KidsHappen

Yes, you have a green dot right beside your user name. That means that you are currently on-line and signed in. If you are banned it will say banned under your name. You could be banned and still signed in. I have my account set so that whenever I come here, I am automatically signed it but I also have it set to invisable so I never have a green dot next to my name. Mine is always grey.

I have been on this forum since day 1.... And I had absolutely NO IDEA aboutndots next to our names! I sawnthem, it justbdidn't compute.

What else don't I know about this forum?

Faithe

Yes, you have a green dot right beside your user name. That means that you are currently on-line and signed in. If you are banned it will say banned under your name. You could be banned and still signed in. I have my account set so that whenever I come here, I am automatically signed it but I also have it set to invisable so I never have a green dot next to my name. Mine is always grey.

Ahhhh, I didn't know about the cloaking device. :D

Wait? I missed it again?

It must have been at least a few days ago because I don't know what happened and I haven't been online that much. If the whole thread hasn't been deleted I'm sure it's easy enough to find.

Yes, you have a green dot right beside your user name. That means that you are currently on-line and signed in. If you are banned it will say banned under your name. You could be banned and still signed in. I have my account set so that whenever I come here, I am automatically signed it but I also have it set to invisable so I never have a green dot next to my name. Mine is always grey

ETA: Mine is always red meaning invisable. I think Grey means not on-line right now.

I think yours is red only to yourself, to everyone else it is grey.

[slightly OT] Somebody posted a few days ago about their dog biting their 3YO. I responded to the thread. Looked for it the next day, and the thread was gone. I can't imagine anyway that thread turned into a trainwreck.

Does anybody remember the thread? Does anybody have any idea why it would have been deleted? Do innocuous threads ever disappear randomly?

Now I want to know who and why...I am a ridiculously curious person.

Well it's not me. :D

And I've been busy this weekend with swim championships and bonspiels, so I must have missed whatever ther kerfluffle was. But I certainly am curious!

astrid

Well it's not me. :D

And I've been busy this weekend with swim championships and bonspiels, so I must have missed whatever ther kerfluffle was. But I certainly am curious!

astrid

I don't know what went down here, but I do think you have to get some sort of reward for using "bonspiel" and "kerfluffle" in the same sentence.

I don't think I have ever been banned but I could have been in one of the times when I don't come here for a few days. Like on Thursday - Friday and probably still into this weekend, I was hardly here. On Thursday, I got a very rare for me severe migraine that lasted into Friday when we kept having tornado alerts so I wasn't on the computer much at all and was still feeling lousy. Saturday I was extremely busy as I was on Sunday so I could have been banned at a time like that but never known it? Or do they notify you by email too?

I was online for a bit then, but did not even open that thread--you could tell just from the title that there was going to be little to no rational discourse about the subject. I generally avoid threads like that, although I will occasionally read but not post if I need amusement. But, I usually don't even read them.

When I was banned, I was still logged on because my account is always logged on. I could not read anything because I was logged on and was not to have access. I am sure the same thing happens to others that have their account set to stay logged on, that if you get banned, your status shows on but you can not see or do anything on the page.

When I was banned, I was still logged on because my account is always logged on. I could not read anything because I was logged on and was not to have access. I am sure the same thing happens to others that have their account set to stay logged on, that if you get banned, your status shows on but you can not see or do anything on the page.

Ok, I think that makes sense.Maybe.

Ok, I think that makes sense.Maybe.

I am not so sure. That statement would imply that the green dot remains on constantly while banned or constantly while not online. He who shall not be named's dot goes from green to grey. If you have the "keep me logged in" turned on, I believe it just automatically logs you in when you enter the forums. Once you exit the forums, you are essentially logged out. I also think there is a point where you remain inactive too long on the boards, it will turn green to grey. Once banned, I would think you can view the boards as a guest.

It's possible that when the ban takes place, the member doesn't get immediately booted (but presumably still can't navigate to new pages), but shows up as logged in until they time out, what, 1/2 hour later?