Menu

Slugs in the garden...

diatamaceous earth works good, but you have to reapply when it gets wet. A bowl of beer is supposed to draw them in and they die. I recently read that you can put down those spikey ball things that fall out of certain maple trees and they don't like those. I've seen copper strips that they aren't supposed to cross over. Are you talking big slugs, or the tiny ones?

Oh, and ducks love them! You can get some ducks..:001_smile:

diatamaceous earth works good, but you have to reapply when it gets wet. A bowl of beer is supposed to draw them in and they die. I recently read that you can put down those spikey ball things that fall out of certain maple trees and they don't like those. I've seen copper strips that they aren't supposed to cross over. Are you talking big slugs, or the tiny ones?

Oh, and ducks love them! You can get some ducks..:001_smile:

Ducks aren't an option ;-)

Big or small? umm... They are about an inch long.

Big or small? umm... They are about an inch long.

Oh, they're little. I used to live in a place where my slugs were 4-6 inches. Blech! But, they were fun to salt. I always gave the job to my then 4 yo. She loved it. It seems like they are harder to get when they are little, and more of them. I have those kind in my strawberries. The diatamaceous earth took care of them pretty good. I'll have to remember the sand idea.