Menu

If your dd have American Girls, how many?

How many American Girls does your dd have?  

1. 1. How many American Girls does your dd have?

• 8 or more

We just got back from another trip to the American Girl store :001_smile: Gosh, I think I love it just as much! We bought Kit today. We have been reading the books and we just needed to have her with us while we do ;)

Anyway, on the way home it got me thinking about how many American Girls most actually have. My parents were shocked we already got my dd a 3rd one. I plan on getting my dd all the historical ones, they are just too cute!

OK, I voted 5, but I just counted and they have SEVEN!!! How many have we purchased? Two. One for each twin. Thank you Grandma! :glare: I think it's overkill, but they adore their dolls and have read all the books.

So, sigh, we have:

Kit

Josephina

Kaya

Felicity

Elizabeth

Marie-Grace

Cecil

And we have furniture. :glare::glare: *I* never had any furniture! :tongue_smilie:

We moved seven boxes of AG crap across the country! They have their AG stuff, a box of Legos, and dress up in their room. We got rid of virtually everything else.

Older DD has Kit, (birthday present), and Ruthie, (Christmas present). She's also saving her own money to buy Cecile.

When middle DD is old enough, she'll probably get Molly and Emily in a similar fashion...if Molly is still the doll she wants by then!

We got each girl one. At the time the older girls 12 and 10, they each got a "Just My Style" or whatever it was at the time. Olivia got a Bitty Twin (we split them with a friend), and in 2006 Elena got Bitty Baby. Now Livvy and Lena play with the older girls dolls, and I have been thinking eventually I should get them each on of their own, but that will probably be it. I'd rather build up the clothes and stuff.

dd has 5. Nana bought 4 and dd bought one herself with her pet sitting money.

AG dolls, clothes and accessories took us through birthdays and Christmas from ages 6 to 11. Dd is 14. She still has the dolls on display in her room. Occassionally, she takes them down to change their clothes. She plans on keeping them forever. She only has historical dolls. It was a great hobby for her and it got her into reading for pleasure.

I voted 3.

Dd's first was Samantha, which I bought for $40 from a coworker who never really played with it and it was still in the box (she was in her early 20's). Then dd raised money to buy herself Elizabeth and Grandma bought Felicity. We have a pony, small stuffed animals, clothes, and a big fancy bed. I have mixed feeling about taking dd to the American Girl store because while I'm sure everything is just so adorable, dd doesn't really play with the dolls. :glare:

We have lots of the historical dolls.

Molly

Kit

Addie

Cecile'

Samantha

Kirsten

Elizabeth

Kiaya

Felicity

Josfina

My oldest daughter now 24 used to get one every Christmas from her grandmother. We also got some at yard sales for just a few bucks, because they needed some TLC ( hair was chopped or doll had marker or crayon on them). My oldest daughter has given them to my 11 year old daughter to enjoy. My 11 year old daughter plans to give them back to big sis in a few years when my oldest daughter's baby girl turns 4. My oldest daughter sews tons of adorable outfits for the dolls for her little sister to play with on the dolls. They are planning to keep them forever and pass them between all the "future" girls in the family :001_smile:

*cough*

Uh, yeah. My daughter is the only/first granddaughter for three grandmas, has a father who tries to buy her love, and a mom who knows how to save. So my daughter has -

Molly

Emily

Kit

Ruthie

Kristen

Kaya

Lanie

Rebecca

Samantha

Nellie

a Just Like Me doll (named Charlotte)

We have lots of the historical dolls.

Molly

Kit

Addie

Cecile'

Samantha

Kirsten

Elizabeth

Kiaya

Felicity

Josfina

My oldest daughter now 24 used to get one every Christmas from her grandmother. We also got some at yard sales for just a few bucks, because they needed some TLC ( hair was chopped or doll had marker or crayon on them). My oldest daughter has given them to my 11 year old daughter to enjoy. My 11 year old daughter plans to give them back to big sis in a few years when my oldest daughter's baby girl turns 4. My oldest daughter sews tons of adorable outfits for the dolls for her little sister to play with on the dolls. They are planning to keep them forever and pass them between all the "future" girls in the family :001_smile:

What a cute plan!

Um...let's see. I have one daughter, and we own:

Felicity (two of these)

Kirsten

Samantha

Molly

Kaya

Kit

Marisol

Girl of Today (two of these as well)

Bitty Baby

Oh...and all of their stuff. And I mean ALL of their stuff. I could open an American Girl store in my basement. :lol: FWIW...dd was the only granddaughter on both sides of the family and my MIL only had sons.

Dd14 has 2, she got Kaya for Christmas when she was 10 and she bought Julie herself.

Dd6 is saving her money. I told her when she had $75 and could read the American Girl books, I would come up with the rest to get her a doll for her birthday. She is whizzing through (and loving!) the books and she has $47 saved. So, for her birthday in May I'm expecting we'll add another AG doll to the household. My only stipulation is that they choose one of the historical dolls, I just can't stomach spending that much on a doll without any "educational" value.:tongue_smilie:

Right now she's leaning toward Josefina. We'll see what one she ends up with when she's read all the books.

Dd has a bitty baby that she got when she was 2 and a doll that looks like her a few years later - both gifts from relatives. As much as she loved her "babies", I don't think she got into the American Girl craze like others we know ... mostly because we were not willing to invest $$ in it. (I used to recycle the AG catalogs as soon as they came in the mail so that she wouldn't have that in her face.) She didn't get into the books - I think we missed that window. Practically overnight, she went from a struggling reader to reading Eragon and Eldest in a 2 month time span.

We have 5, but spent a total of probably $45 on all of them:

Kaya: won in a drawing at a bookstore

Molly: bought for $30 in thrift store in good shape

Josefina: given as a handmedown from the older sister of a friend, in good shape

Jess: bought at a yard sale for maybe $10, in good shape

Kirsten: bought at a yard sale for $2 (hair was trashed, by my friend who collects dolls restored it for us)

She has some of the stuff (wheelchair, Jess's tree hammock, daybed, some other things), but it all came from yard sales or thrift stores.

DD only has one. She got Samantha for Christmas and I bought her from a nice lady here on WTM. :) The hair was slightly matted and had been trimmed previously, but I was able to fix her up and make her look almost brand new. She ADORES it and carries her everywhere. I found the original "Meet Samantha" outfit on Ebay and have ordered knockoffs of the other original clothing as well, along with other random outfits. I'm thinking of getting her another one this year for Christmas. I doubt she'll ever have more than two though, unless she buys them.

We already had a big roll around canopied doll bed that my MIL and FIL had bought her for Christmas a few years ago that was the perfect fit for Samantha.

I live vicariously through her though, as I was entirely too poor as a child to ever have a doll of that quality.

I'm planning on collecting all of the books though, including short stories and mysteries. :)

We have 5; but that's only because someone my husband was working for gave them to my daughter, along with a box full of clothes. We don't even know all their names; there's Addy, Kirsten, Molly, Josephina and ?. She got them when she was like 2 and she's just now showing interest in them. She'll be 8 in April.

I voted three, but one twin has two (Elizabeth and Kirsten). The twin with three got the first two (Nikki and a Just Like You doll) as gifts, like her twin, and bought the third one (another Just like You) with her own money. The funny thing about her Just Like Yous is that neither one looks like her. She just liked the way they looked. :)

dd has 6! :001_huh: She has Elizabeth and Felicity, Marie-Grace, Rebecca, Alice (her bitty baby), and Kate (her just like me doll).

We like them though. DD takes an American Girl class at a local homeschool co-op. She's learned a ton of American History using the dolls as a base.

Doesn't help we only live 45 minutes from the Atlanta store. :auto:

Between both girls we have 11. Felicity, Elizabeth, Molly, Emily, Kanani, Julie, Kit, Kaya, Lanie, Ruthie and a bitty baby. They are saving money to potentially purchase another each when we go to Chicago in May. Thanks to Grandma we also have a ton of furniture. BTW, the only doll that dh and I have purchased outright is the bitty baby. The girls have purchased two each with money they have saved and family pitched in for a few. Also, Grandma got two at a garage sale and two on Craig's List.

Dd has two, both of which were Christmas gifts from her grandmother. She received the Bitty Baby as a gift when she was two and the bigger doll that looks like her just a couple months ago (4 years old now.) Neither of them are the historical dolls. She's too young to really give a hoot about any of their stories.

I have 3 girls and we have 7 dolls among them. The 4yr old has the bitty twins. She got them one at a time, however, and not as a set. My older girls each have 2 dolls- Felicity, Elizabeth, Kanani, and Josefina. We just got one of the older girls a Just Like Me doll from ebay. It doesn't look like her, but she loves it anyway. She was in excellent shape, really inexpensive, and came with a wheelchair, hospital gown, and cast. It was a really nice surprise for my DD who was having an operation on her leg. I have no plans to even things out and get the other girls another doll but I might if I found another deal.

The girls play with them all the time. They got some AG books with all kinds of doll play ideas, crafts, and templates, and they are always making little parties and setting up school ideas for their dolls. I think it helps that they have sisters to play with. It's nice for them to have at least 2 so they can share with friends that come over who might not have one.

Dd has 20. All new except one stamped Pleasant Company from a yard sale for $20. She gets one at Easter and/or one at Christmas. The last 3 or 4 are still boxed. She rarely played with them in the past. Now, she never does. She does not have Kaya, Josephina, Addy, Cecile, or McKenna.

You can vote a total for your family to make it easier.

Well then, I did it wrong. :tongue_smilie: I voted for each kid, average of 3 - well, more like 2.5.

Each kid was told max of 2. One still only has two, one paid for half of a third doll with her own money. The third dd said she really didn't want Kirsten (I'd suggested her over Julie), so after she did finally get Julie, she wanted another and got a Just Like Me (that wasn't just like her), and Kirsten is now mine. :D So, in the house, we have 3 girls and 8 AG dolls.

I voted 5, but I have have two DDs the older one has 5 and the younger one has 4 (including a Bitty Baby)....if I include all the AG dolls I've purchased I'd also have to add two more for my nieces...yes I LOVE them probably as much as the girls!:D

DD has five of the historical dolls. I handed down my Samantha and Felicity dolls to her. Then she got Elizabeth for her birthday, and Nellie for Christmas. She bought Emily with her own money and now she wants Molly so she will have "friend" sets. I, personally, would rather her get Kit (she looks very different with her short hair) or McKenna (*I* want a girl of the year LOL)

She does also have a set of bitty twins and two bitty babies. All of those she saved and bought herself. We were only going to have one baby, but dd has red hair and they FINALLY brought out a redhead baby this winter so she and her daddy went to AG in Chicago and brought one home :)