Menu

I love my mom, but

sometimes she drives me crazy with unnecessary quotation marks and capitalization. :glare:

I just posted new pics of my children today on facebook and this was one of her comments on one:

"Awwwww That is a "Precious" picture of her"

She does this all the time. It would be useless to point it out to her. She'd get offended and defensive and it just isn't worth it. But, come on!

Oh man, I feel your pain. Sometimes the writing on FB is enough to make me twitch. :blink: My biggest problem is remembering to capitalize. In high school, I got so used to letting Word capitalize the first letter of each sentence for me, it took awhile to break that habit.

Guest submarines
sometimes she drives me crazy with unnecessary quotation marks and capitalization. :glare:

I just posted new pics of my children today on facebook and this was one of her comments on one:

"Awwwww That is a "Precious" picture of her"

She does this all the time. It would be useless to point it out to her. She'd get offended and defensive and it just isn't worth it. But, come on!

Start introducing her to asterisks. She will realise that she can emphasise *much* more **effectively** with asterisks. :tongue_smilie:

I feel your pain. My FIL does this. Some of his emails are so full of quotation marks that it's difficult to read what he wrote. It's so distracting.

My grandmother would send me letters putting every person she mentioned in quotation marks. She'd refer to my "boyfriend," my "roommate," and even my "mother." I started to wonder if she knew something I didn't.

Guest submarines
*I* do this.

:001_huh::blink::blush:

:leaving:

I do this at *times.* :tongue_smilie: I think this is the correct way, though, am I right?

Guest submarines
On a similar note are those who are prone to excessive exclamation mark usage! As in: "My daughter went to Gavel Club! She gave her second speech! She did so well!" :tongue_smilie:

I tend to do this when I'm excited, but then I go back to make sure I have only one left. Only one exclamation sign per email allowed! :D

I'm very ... vivid ... when I speak. My typing tends to reflect that, because I type it as I'm hearing it in my head. That includes air quotes and an over-exclamatory tone of voice LOL.

I know it drives some of my peeps crazy, but ... it's me. As are my abundant use of the three-dot pause mid-sentence/thought!

And you're right - it wouldn't do any good to try and correct her or to otherwise point it out :D

My mom write entirely without a subject:

Traveling to Birmingham tomorrow. Will be running the case analysis for Charlie. Will hit the mall when I get back.

UGH!!

This reminds me of those telegrams from back in the day. Gone to the grocery store. STOP. Buying tomatoes. STOP. :D

On a similar note are those who are prone to excessive exclamation mark usage! As in: "My daughter went to Gavel Club! She gave her second speech! She did so well!" :tongue_smilie:
My family does this!!! *LOTS* of "exclamation marks"!!! As well as *LOTS* of "YELLING"!!!!

:001_huh::tongue_smilie: