Menu

Printing TOG sample on duplexing printer

warneral

Boy did I get frustrated today! I am tempted to try TOG for our ancients next year but need the papers in my hands.

When I printed on my brother laser, color, duplexing printer, it duplicated some sections causing it to print random extra pages.

It happened at least 4 different times! I saw in their FAQ that duplex printing isn't possible due to lock lizard's limited capabilities.

Is this for real? Why be tied to such an archaic PDF reader that can't even allow you to print the way it should be printed?

Has anyone experienced this? I'm thinking I will have to drop TOG from my plans :/

If you plan to print out every page of a plan, I'd suggest you consider buying the print copy to go with your plan. I think that unless you own a really good printer that you'll find the cost of printing the whole plan will be cheaper from TOG than at home.

I can't comment on the duplex part as I've never had DE version.

When I first bought my DE, I thought I 'd just print what I needed. Turns out I like to hold my TOG in my hands. I printed one whole unit. It was costly. Not just for ink, but my printer died in the process. So, I had to buy a new one. I called TOG and ordered the print. They can print it for 5 cents double sided. That really is a deal! I realize TOG is pricey, but for me having the print is worth the cost.

I have a B&W brother laser printer and duplex printed an entire year of TOG with no problem (except once on a day when the humidity was high and was causing the printer to jam). For me, even having to buy new toner cartridges, it was cheaper to print at home than to buy it. I think it came to about 2.5 cents a page, factoring paper and toner.