Menu

Does anyone have marmoleum flooring?

If you have marmoleum (especially the Click with cork under) is it hard on the feet? Cold?

I'm really thinking of putting this throughout a home if we move because my son has such issues with allergies and asthma. My husband is concerned it will be hard on feet.

We have marmoleum click in several rooms of the house. I really like it, and you can make some fun patterns with it. As far as how hard it is on the feet- I don't have issues with it. I have hardwood in the rest of the house-neither bothers me. I have also had ceramic tile, and I liked it too. It is not as cold as tile. I really don't ever feel like flooringmis too hard or too cold though:001_huh:. I wear slippers when I am at home because I don't like going bare foot around the house. It is easy to take care of.

Hth,

I don't have it, but would LOVE to use it in our kitchen and bathrooms. I've researched it out and it would be so perfect for our 40's era bungalow. In fact, the house had it originally and there are some remnants left in a couple of closets that are still in wonderful shape.

Blessings,

Lucinda

If you have marmoleum (especially the Click with cork under) is it hard on the feet? Cold?

I'm really thinking of putting this throughout a home if we move because my son has such issues with allergies and asthma. My husband is concerned it will be hard on feet.

Well, we bought it because it is softer on the feet than some of the other options. We have it in our kitchen, and it was a splurge to put it in. But I didn't want tile (even harder), and I'm not much of a wood-in-the-kitchen type. Our marmoleum is over concrete, so it doesn't have the softest base. I still wish it were a bit softer, but I think it was the softest choice available to us, given the concrete. The concrete is our real problem.

Here are some pictures I posted on the forum back in January.

ETA: It is the click flooring.

We have had it and loved it. It wears like iron with one exception. It cannot remain wet. It was great in the kitchen, but began to break down in the bathroom where we had condensation from an exposed, cold-water, metal pipe which dripped occasionally but regularly on the floor.

Ruth in NZ