Menu

5th Graders try to poison teacher

What's scary is that I doubt anything will be done about the little darlings.

Well, they did get transferred out of that school and a couple are at a "special school". They're not sure how far the prosecution is going to go because it happened in December and there's no physical evidence left. The thing that gets me about the whole thing is the mother of the kid who gave the coffee to the teacher (and then knocked it out of her hand) brought the whole thing to light because she couldn't figure out why her kid wasn't being hailed as a hero for "saving a teacher's life". She went to the principal regarding this matter and that's how the whole thing broke. Seriously? A hero?

What's scary is that I doubt anything will be done about the little darlings.

Yeah, I wonder if they have any feelings about the transfer. They might think it's funny. At least their new teachers know not to eat/drink anything those kids might have gotten near.

How on earth did they even think of such a thing? I wonder if their goal was to make her sick or if they were really trying to kill her? I wonder what the other kids thought about it? I wonder if they'll be any copycat attempts? It's just crazy! These kids are so young. I hate to say it, but I would expect such a stunt to be pulled by a group of disgruntled older teens, but 10 and 11 yrs. old? Crazy.

Well, they did get transferred out of that school and a couple are at a "special school". They're not sure how far the prosecution is going to go because it happened in December and there's no physical evidence left. The thing that gets me about the whole thing is the mother of the kid who gave the coffee to the teacher (and then knocked it out of her hand) brought the whole thing to light because she couldn't figure out why her kid wasn't being hailed as a hero for "saving a teacher's life". She went to the principal regarding this matter and that's how the whole thing broke. Seriously? A hero?

I would imagine that her little darling failed to tell her the whole story. She may have been very surprised to learn that he had been a particpant. Although how did it not occur to her to wonder how exactly he knew about the poison in the coffee.

Many teachers I know never eat food gifts they receive from their students. I don't think it's fear of deliberate poisoning so much as food poisoning, but wow, this is crazy.

This is why I don't give baked goodies to people like the mailman or librarians at Christmas (ie, service providers who only kinda-sorta know me). I would hate to think they wouldn't feel safe eating it. Gift cards for the local coffee shop have to do.

As for the kids.... I understand that youngsters often have a difficult time y grasping the consequences of their actions. But for crying out loud, fifth graders? A murder plot?

I hope the reason we are not hearing about stern discipline is because they are more quietly receiving the mental health services which they appear to desperately need.

My heart hurts for so many in the youngest generation.

There was a boy a couple of miles down the road from here who tried to kill his father by doing something (disconnecting?) his brake lines. They lived on a long steep hill where the road ended in a T. He was pretty young, and it didn't work, but he was sent off somewhere.. he used to play with my kids at church.

Reason 612 why I don't homeschool :D

Bill (who could not resist :tongue_smilie:)

Could not resist what? This is yet another example of the collapse of our schools. Once we pulled morality and discipline out of schools the decline began. Is this specific case an indictment of public schools? I do not know, but is it an indication of the type of children who attend schools and a reason why many parents pull their children out of ps.

The line by another student "I heard that they reason why they did it was because they didn't like the teacher... Because [they're] strict." would seem to indicate that other teachers are not strict and that IS an indictment.

I had teachers I did not like, we all did, but try to murder one? What is happening in our schools? The inmates are running the asylum and this is in the top 5 reasons why I DO homeschool.

Could not resist what? This is yet another example of the collapse of our schools. Once we pulled morality and discipline out of schools the decline began. Is this specific case an indictment of public schools? I do not know, but is it an indication of the type of children who attend schools and a reason why many parents pull their children out of ps.

The line by another student "I heard that they reason why they did it was because they didn't like the teacher... Because [they're] strict." would seem to indicate that other teachers are not strict and that IS an indictment.

I had teachers I did not like, we all did, but try to murder one? What is happening in our schools? The inmates are running the asylum and this is in the top 5 reasons why I DO homeschool.

I think the joke was that he didn't homeschool so he wouldn't get poisoned by his students. It was a joke.

I don't think kids choose to murder their teachers based on a lack of discipline in schools. This is beyond that.

I think the joke was that he didn't homeschool so he wouldn't get poisoned by his students. It was a joke.

I don't think kids choose to murder their teachers based on a lack of discipline in schools. This is beyond that.

I think joking about poisoning a teacher be it a hs parent or a ps teacher is anything but funny, especially these days.

As to lack of discipline in schools, I always viewed discipline and morality as being the bedrock of any school. It now appears we have neither so I would argue that this is a factor. Perhaps not the only factor but certainly one of them.

It is a discussion of the problems behind this lunacy that is perhaps worth having.

Many teachers I know never eat food gifts they receive from their students. I don't think it's fear of deliberate poisoning so much as food poisoning, but wow, this is crazy.

Teachers also know who washes their hands and who doesn't.

"Little Johnny made this special just for you!!"

Had a co worker who confessed that her cat frequently climbs up on the kitchen counter. Well the cat tried to lick the cake she brought to an office party!! She caught her "just in time." (Me: "Really... Wow, she must really like cake, huh? Her: "Oh, she LOVES cake!!")

:001_huh:

I wrapped my piece to go.

I like pets but don't want anybody's cat near my cake!! Who's to say Kitty wasn't on her third or fourth lick?!!! No thanks.

But yeah, this is really tragic. and they need to be dealt with.

Even a child is known by their actions...

A similar thing happened at a high school near us and the principal told the teacher it was her fault. She shouldn't have had a drink in the classroom. :confused:

...and it is the fault of the homeowner for having a TV that was stolen?

These are the people in charge of providing children with an education! Enough to scare the wits out of one.

:iagree: