Menu

Jumping back in is hard

Yes, there is a big adjustment. It might be tough at first, but you'll find your groove:grouphug: Good luck to you. I remember the first time I paid all our bills after my husband finally found a job. Being able to pay them all at once, long before they were due-such a relief!

Normal has always been DH going to work. Today he's at work and it feels weird. We're so used to having him home with us these past 10 months.

Somehow I missed the new job. I remember he was close to getting one but don't remember what happened after. Is this the job he really wanted? It's local?

Somehow I missed the new job. I remember he was close to getting one but don't remember what happened after. Is this the job he really wanted? It's local?

Not, not local. Ironically it's 1 mile from our previous home. :001_smile: BUT it's a telecommuter position and when he gets back there will be infrequent trips there.

They installed their business line into our home on Tuesday before he left for his in-office orientation.

No, it's not really all that. Telecommuter is wonderful. But it's commission based, not salaried. Sooooo we'll be waiting on paying those bills for a bit yet. When he settles an account he get's paid.

Not in his field either, but that maybe a good thing. IT guys are a dime a dozen these days with off-shoring to India & Malaysia.

Job/work, not employment. No salary, no benefits. But he picks his hours and he works from home 100%. I think I forgot to pray for a salary & benefits when I was praying for him to get a job. :tongue_smilie: Yes, I know we'll have to put aside $$ for self-employed taxes.

On the other hand, he's psyched!

He's also 65% through his realtor training course. That's going to be a 2nd job for him.

Me, I'm still holding out for the for the two job interviews that are still deciding what & who they'll hire. He calls them weekly to get a status. They're not ready to commit. I know, it'll be bad news but until they say, "No," I can hope, right? :D

Show me the money. That's my bottom line.

We could not have lived in our previous home with this job/work. So moving was still inevitable. The loss of our home was still going to be.