Menu

iPod touch battery

Mine has also gone down in time to 2-3 hours of use. It's a 2nd gen, so it's fairly old. I really hadn't picked up just how fast it went down until I got the iPad, where we can watch an hour of video and have it still show 100%.

I may try one of the after market shops and see if they can replace the battery. The iTouch itself is still going strong.

Are you asking how long the battery lasts between charges or how long they last before needing to be replaced?

A lot of times batteries are drained because there is a Internet issue. Try putting your iPod in airplane mode and see if this helps. If it does, then it is trying to download or connect to the Internet continually. My aunt's Internet at work has the same name as her Internet at home. When she would get home, her iPod would try to get online with her work password until it drained the battery. If she doesn't put it in airplane mode reset the Internet with her home password the battery will be drained in a couple of hours.

OH, that might be the problem! I bought an 8gb iPod touch.....lesson learned, I will never get a low gb again.

So, it keeps trying to download ALL my apps.....which won't fit on there!

I have put it on airplane mode, BUT, my son just informed me that several of his App games need internet to run.

Is there another way to keep it from trying to connect than to put it on airplane mode?

THANK YOU!,

Dawn

Are you asking how long the battery lasts between charges or how long they last before needing to be replaced?

A lot of times batteries are drained because there is a Internet issue. Try putting your iPod in airplane mode and see if this helps. If it does, then it is trying to download or connect to the Internet continually. My aunt's Internet at work has the same name as her Internet at home. When she would get home, her iPod would try to get online with her work password until it drained the battery. If she doesn't put it in airplane mode reset the Internet with her home password the battery will be drained in a couple of hours.

:iagree: Same with phones with internet access. I have a 2nd gen Touch and the battery life is still pretty good. I keep it in airplane mode since I use it mainly for music.

You need to disenable the cloud. That is why it is trying to load all your apps via the Internet. Disenabling "sync all apps" will only stop it from syncing all apps when you connect to your computer via the usb cord.

If it is trying to sync the app via the Internet, it will defiantly run your battery down especially if you have Internet that is slow (1-6mbps). Most apps don't require the Internet once downloaded.

Ok, thanks.

I have high speed internet at home, but all the apps won't fit on the machine so I wonder if it just keeps trying to sync anyway.

I hate that I can't have cloud as I want music immediately.

Oh well.

Dawn

You need to disenable the cloud. That is why it is trying to load all your apps via the Internet. Disenabling "sync all apps" will only stop it from syncing all apps when you connect to your computer via the usb cord.

If it is trying to sync the app via the Internet, it will defiantly run your battery down especially if you have Internet that is slow (1-6mbps). Most apps don't require the Internet once downloaded.

To turn off iCloud....

On your ipod, Go to settings- storage and backup and turn off iCloud backup.

You can still download your music instantly even if the cloud is off. On your iPod, go to iTunes and choose purchased at the bottom. Then choose music. All the song you have bought through iTunes will pop up. You can select which songs you instantly want downloaded onto your iPod.

Having an 8gb works good if you manually manage your music. You can download and delete all the time to have just what you want without having it all on the iPod.

When you open iTunes on your computer anything you have bought through the iPod will be waiting to download. It just doesn't do it automatically.