Menu

ACT and SAT in Middle School

Will the results of ACT and SAT exams taken in middle school show up on the "final report" sent to colleges?

I know that some colleges require ALL results being reported (not just the last/strongest), but does this include scores from middle school talent searches, etc. or are the latter "archived" (as seems to be the case for APs - unless specifically demanded otherwise).

...I'd rather not have more than 2 scores in college applications, on the other hand this pretty much eliminates the possibility of participating in middle school testing...

Thanks!

Edited by sahm99

Will the results of ACT and SAT exams taken in middle school show up on the "final report" sent to colleges?

I know that some colleges require ALL results being sent (not just the last/strongest), but does this include scores from middle school talent searches, etc. or are the latter "archived" (as seems to be the case for APs - unless specifically demanded otherwise).

Thanks!

First: The scores from before 9th grade are only kept by SAT if you explicitly request it. If not, they get deleted. So, unless they are really good and you want to keep them, they disappear automatically.

Second: From what I have read, the demand for all test scores excludes tests taken as part of a talent search, i.e. before 9th grade. I would only include the results of all tests taken during the high school years - unless you have kept impressive scores from before.

In our case, we kept DD's 7th grade SAT score and put it on the transcript.

No. Talent search results don't count. ACT will stay there (I believe), but doesn't "count." At least my ds's was still there last time I checked (that's been awhile). The SAT, however, gets purged if the child is under a certain age, so there is no record of it. If you *want* that SAT score to NOT be purged, you can request in writing that it remain on the record.

HTH