Menu

This is why I'm against gun control.

This is *exactly* why it should not be a federal issue. It should be a state and local government issue. Except, like I said, I don't oppose banning certain types of weapons and/or ammunition (neither do most of the gun owners that I know).

I have to agree with Steph about the UK. Since citizens are not allowed to own guns there are a lot more home-invasion style robberies (when people are home) than there are in the US.

Oh, goody, somebody else posted this first. What's up citing the UK and the Netherlands? I googled that right quick and found stats that show per capita violent crime is HIGHER in the Netherlands than in the US. (but not murders, maybe their criminals are reduced to beating their victims bloody instead of shooting them).

Oh, and about stopping the aggressor in the OP's crime.... Try pointing a tire iron at someone like this and saying, "step away from the baby with your hands up...." I wonder what success you'd have.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic