Menu

Anyone heard of The Food Lovers 21 Day Transformation?

My dh ordered this and would like me to help him with it (i.e. do the cooking). I have just started looking through the info and it looks as if it works to level out a person's glycemic level to get the metabolism going.

Dh is 6'8" and has gained quite a bit of weight over the past few years. (It is not as easy to keep it off when he is approaching 50 and not playing college basketball anymore). He has a job that requires him to sit in front of a computer and the only exercise he likes to do is either mountain or road biking (which is hard to do in CO in Feb.) I have been concerned that his heart has to work hard enough with 6'8" of him, but this has had to be his decision and I have tried to bit my tongue.

He is excited about this program and it does look as if the meals themselves are heart healthy. I told him I would like to do it with him since my cholesterol level tends to be a little high. (I also would like to be his cheerleader since he has taken this step to do something about the weight.)

Has anyone had any experience with this program? Any suggestions?

I don't have any experience with this one, but my experience with any of these programs is that planning ahead makes it happen!

In other words, go through the whole thing now and plan shopping lists for the entirety of the program. Do one big trip to get all the dry goods, and then plan your lists so you can pick up perishables twice a week.

I find that when I start any diet, I get "confused" or sidetracked a week or so in, and if I don't have everything pre-planned and super-simple to follow, I lose momentum.

Good luck with this!

I don't have any experience with this one, but my experience with any of these programs is that planning ahead makes it happen!

In other words, go through the whole thing now and plan shopping lists for the entirety of the program. Do one big trip to get all the dry goods, and then plan your lists so you can pick up perishables twice a week.

I find that when I start any diet, I get "confused" or sidetracked a week or so in, and if I don't have everything pre-planned and super-simple to follow, I lose momentum.

Good luck with this!

Thank you, I am reading it all the way through right now. It seems fairly straight forward and the recipes seem to be heart healthy.

I have a problem (ADHD) as it is right now with menu planning, so making the plans now would be a great idea!

My sister is doing this right now & seems to like it. If you have any specific questions, I can ask her. I think the only issue she's mentioned is that the timing of her eating throughout the day is on a schedule and she has trouble getting the snacks and meals in at the appropriate times.

Thank you for the offer. Your sister is the only person I have personally heard of that is current do this. If I think of something, I will pm you.

Right now, I have dh, ds, dd, and myself here at the house all day, every day. Dh will travel some with work, but mainly he is able to work from a nice office he carved out of a workshop we have on our property. All I think about already is food. Clean one meal up and start the next, it seems.

Maybe dh can set a reminder on his computer to come in for snacks.