Menu

To the lady on the cell phone...

I am so sorry your mother has explosive diarrhea for days. The norovirus is no fun. All of us waiting for our kids could really appreciate your concern for your mom. I hope you didn't mind me jumping in your conversation about how she should just wash her hands with Purell. Soap and water works best as Purell was intended for emergencies. I don't know if you realize that you are very LOUD on your phone but none of us parents want to hear your conversations while waiting on our kids.

Is it just me or shouldn't these conversations take place at home, somewhere privately or in the car. FWIW- this lady has been asked to talk quieter or wait until she is in the car. I know I was a little rude but really who wanted to hear this conversation. I was a good ten feet from her.

Last year, while waiting in a doctor's office, one lady is on the phone explaining to her girlfriend why she broke up with her boyfriend. It was terrible having to listen to it and, of course, the doctor was behind an hour. After she got off, one person thanked her nicely for the "afternoon entertainment that was better than tv." The next time I came back, there was a new sign saying "no cell phones in the waiting room".

:ack2:

Once, when Dh and I were at a restaurant and I was eating my dinner the man in the booth next to us was telling his wife how he really should eat more salad because his stools are like toothpaste. :ack2:

Oh. my. :blink:

Were they elderly, by any chance? My nana was obsessed with her bm's, and I can totally see her having a discussion like that. Bowels trump polite dinner conversation after age 80, I think that was her rule. :lol:

When I took my mother to a dr appt last month, there was a man talking LOUDLY on the phone in the waiting room. At one point in the conversation, he said "do you hear what I'm saying?" (to the person on the phone) Another man in the waiting room said "yes, we ALL hear what you're saying." :lol:

Several people laughed out loud!

Then there are also the people (in college, hotel rooms, etc) who don't want their roommate to listen in, so they go sit in the hallway where EVERYONE can hear. I had one of those a few years back at a hotel. I think the teenaged girl looked a little surprised when I stuck my head out the door at 2 in the morning to inform her I could hear her "private" conversation.

I was in Costco last week and a lady was talking about stuff while in the bathroom....I about died when I heard her (loudly) flush and continue her conversation.

There are places where phones should not go and conversations we should not have in public....

Sometimes you can't help them. I was at Walmart a while back with ds5 & ds2 in a cart. Nature called rather suddenly and painfully. I rushed to the bathroom, kids still in the shopping cart, and ran into a stall. As much as I wanted not to, moans of pain and other noises bust forth from me. Ds2 then said "Ewwww, it smells poopie!" And when people came into the bathroom, and wondered why there were kids in a cart in there, the kids told them that I was pooping on the potty.

(A little off topic, but I thought ya'll could use the funny.)

My aunt really didn't like my grandmother (not her mom, my other gm). When I was viwiting in IL once I told her I couldn't choose between mom's or dad's side of the family for Easter. Aunt decided to invite my other grandparents along. I was thrilled.

Dinner went well. As aunt and I were clearing the table, grandma says, "Lucille, do you have any Pepto Bismol? I have the sh!ts. It must have been something I ate."

:svengo:

About cell phomes, it drives me CRAZY when people don't turn them off when reminded to. I also hate hearing graphic, personal conversations.

When I took my mother to a dr appt last month, there was a man talking LOUDLY on the phone in the waiting room. At one point in the conversation, he said "do you hear what I'm saying?" (to the person on the phone) Another man in the waiting room said "yes, we ALL hear what you're saying." :lol:

Several people laughed out loud!

That is hilarious! Oh, I have wished for such opportunities!

One circumstance I loathe is the late middle age man with an overinflated sense of self importance, loudly calling the shots over the cell phone in inappropriate places. It is typically an obvious attempt at stoking his own ego.... 'This [waiting situation] is a waste of my time! Can't y'all hear how important I am???' Grates my nerves.

Bun I don't care to hear about bowel habits either. :tongue_smilie: