Menu

Science Suggestions (with colouring pages?)

Carla

My little kids LOVE doing Story of the World. They LOVE having colouring pages to do while I read. Is there anything out there science-wise that comes close to this? We have Elemental Science, but those blank pages with lines are daunting, especially since we do Writing with Ease every day and so don't do narrations in history or science anymore.

Is there something out there where they can just colour pictures and diagrams and do just a little writing or filling in while listening to great science? Apart from me pulling together books and colouring pages myself from the internet and Dover publications?

Oh my goodness, those are nice! I used Apologia with my older ones when they were this age, but they didn't have the junior note booking pages then! The boys tolerated Apologia and I ended up selling the texts I had. I think my youngers might like it though with these pages.... I should have learned my lesson by now with selling curriculum. I often end up buying it again!! :lol:

Have you seen the beautiful Dover coloring books? They have many on different science topics. They are pretty inexpensive (and most are usually on 4-for-3 at Amazon) so you could just get a few to supplement whatever other science curriculum you are using. We do this sometimes, the kids color while I read during our afternoon CM-like reading time.

Apologia junior notebooks have coloring pages and other activities like that.

The regular notebooks might have them too, but I only know about the junior ones for sure.

Thanks for your suggestion, I replied below, they look really great. But do you know whether they are available as a PDF download? I live in Canada, so shipping is steep, and I also want 3 copies!

Dover books are beautiful. We use them with our topics (anatomy, natural sciences).

Elemental Science Biology has some coloring (the pictures on the narration pages) and optional lapbook. I print out pictures of the animals full size to color as well to accompany the animal topic that day.

I know you're looking for something that you don't have to pull together... but I thought I'd throw this out there anyway. :001_smile:

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/sitemap/science.php

http://karenswhimsy.com/science-clip-art.htm

Ellen McHenry has some free color stuff on her website:

http://www.ellenjmchenry.com/homeschool-freedownloads/lifesciences-games/botany.php