Menu

Quick TOG Question--Am I right about the loom?.

Is the Loom basically the same year after year with just changes in the SAPs and booklists? I remember after moving from year 1 to year 2 thinking that it is and that the info specific to the particular year is contained in the year and unit intros. Am I right?

Just thought I'd ask before sitting down spending time looking at year 3 loom. I may need to re-read sections, but don't want to print something I already have (I printed most of the Loom from year 1).

No. My Loom year 1 and 2 are different. The worksheets (SAPs) are different for each week.

Yes, I know the SAPs, worksheets and booklists will change, but the rest of the info seems to stay the same. Maybe I'll need to do a side-by side comparison to answer this question. I may not be remembering the Loom organization correctly.

ETA: Okay, I have asked a stupid question! I looked at the Year 3 loom. It's the Helps for All Year Plans that I am thinking of and does not change from year to year.

Edited by shanvan

I know Year 1 is very different as it contains no Poetics & Frameworks. Instead, Leland Ryken's Words of Delight is used for rhetoric level literature. However, with the updates to Year 1, P & F will be incorporated. We used TOG Y3 & 4 and the info on the Loom was the same.

HTH,

Teresa

No, you are not correct. The Rhetoric level literature is different in each year plan. They provide detailed essays for students to read on various lit forms and time periods.

Yes, I saw these (after I finally looked) in the section labeled Year 3 (or whichever year you happen to be in). I think my confusion is b/c I have not used Rhetoric level before and didn't use many of the helps specific to the year plan. The section titled "Helps for All Year plans" is what doesn't change, and what I looked at primarily in years past since I had no rhetoric level students. Probably b/c it is for all year plans (duh! It can't be labeled that if it changes by the year you are using.) As I said, I asked a stupid question and should have looked first. Where is the sheepishly slinking away smiley?

The section titled "Helps for All Year plans" is what doesn't change, and what I looked at primarily in years past since I had no rhetoric level students. Probably b/c it is for all year plans (duh! It can't be labeled that if it changes by the year you are using.) As I said, I asked a stupid question and should have looked first. Where is the sheepishly slinking away smiley?

Don't feel stupid. When you asked the question, I was thinking the same as you, that the Loom doesn't change. Now I know it does. Thanks for asking about it :) .

Don't feel stupid. When you asked the question, I was thinking the same as you, that the Loom doesn't change. Now I know it does. Thanks for asking about it :) .

:iagree:

Even better to know now than to print out a bunch of pages on medieval lit when you are studying the 20th century.