Menu

urgent, prayers needed, life or death situation

I just heard an update. The hospital they transferred her to decided not to do surgery at this time. She is in the ICU in critical condition. i don't know more than that.

Thank you for asking about me.....I'm making myself stay as calm as possible, as I am 12 weeks pregnant myself and I know the stress hormones are bad for the baby. But I keep sobbing anyway. She is so very full of life....they just bought a house, she bought a small business selling cloth diapers from another friend, she is on the board of a non profit, and she is always always smiling. I was just at her son's birthday party a few weeks ago...we were drinking fruit punch and talking about baby carriers and now this...it is beyond comprehension.

Another friend of mine is her best friend...they have been through so much together, I can't imagine how this is hitting her. She is watching the son overnight so the husband can be at the hospital. he is a high needs boy, very sensitive, so please pray for him to have a peaceful night. It is his first night without his mom.

Thanks for the update. Continuing in prayer . . . :grouphug:

Thank you all! She made it through the night. She is still unconcious, and I don't have more details than that. The rest of today is critical.

Her son however slept "like a log" at my friend's house, despite never having been away from mom before. He woke up and asked for "nursies" and was happy with a bottle of donated milk, and is snuggling with my friend. I am sure all those prayers are helping!!!!

Please keep them coming!

Update: the medications have not brought down the swelling in her brain and she will be having surgery to remove part of her skull. She is not verbal or vocal, but seems to respond to voices and was able to stick her tongue out when asked to by her best friend, a speech pathologist. the damage is thought to be very major. Please pray for her, the surgeons, and her family.

Update: the medications have not brought down the swelling in her brain and she will be having surgery to remove part of her skull. She is not verbal or vocal, but seems to respond to voices and was able to stick her tongue out when asked to by her best friend, a speech pathologist. the damage is thought to be very major. Please pray for her, the surgeons, and her family.

I don't know if you remember, but about a year ago, one of my best friends had a major stroke. I posted a lot about it here. They didn't think she'd make it. She sounds a lot like your friend. She was out for 24 hours and then gradually was able to do little things like stick out her tongue.

The good news? My friend has fully recovered. Not only that, but she was pregnant when she had the stroke and the baby survived. He is now 4 months old!

I'll pray for your friend.

I don't know if you remember, but about a year ago, one of my best friends had a major stroke. I posted a lot about it here. They didn't think she'd make it. She sounds a lot like your friend. She was out for 24 hours and then gradually was able to do little things like stick out her tongue.

The good news? My friend has fully recovered. Not only that, but she was pregnant when she had the stroke and the baby survived. He is now 4 months old!

What an encouraging story! Thanks!

I will continue uplifting prayer for this lovely woman and her family!

That is encouraging! My friend did lose the baby...but at this point saving her life is the priority. Thank you.

A friend of mine is about to have brain surgery. She passed out and apprantely had a massive stroke earlier today. It is touch and go. Please please pray, as hard as you can for this mama...I don't feel comfortable sharing her name, but her first initial is S. God knows who she is.

Praying for your dear friend! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

That is encouraging! My friend did lose the baby...but at this point saving her life is the priority. Thank you.

She was pregnant? I didn't remember reading that. I'm so sorry.

Do they know what type of stroke it was? I don't remember the exact name of my friend's stroke, but if you said it, I'd recognize it. My friend had major blood clots in the back of her brain.

Thanks for the update. Continuing in prayer for you.

UPDATE! She made it through surgery! Her surgeons were suprised how well she did and have said her prognosis is better than expected. She still is in very critical condition, and has months or years ahead of her to overcome this, but right now I'm celebrating the good news.

Her son is doing well, and is going to be staying with Susan's best friend. He goes to the same preschool as the friend's daughter so his life will have some stability.

This is her webpage: http://www.llamabear.com/susan/

UPDATE! She made it through surgery! Her surgeons were suprised how well she did and have said her prognosis is better than expected. She still is in very critical condition, and has months or years ahead of her to overcome this, but right now I'm celebrating the good news.

Her son is doing well, and is going to be staying with Susan's best friend. He goes to the same preschool as the friend's daughter so his life will have some stability.

This is her webpage: http://www.llamabear.com/susan/

Praise the Lord! Will continue to pray for continuing strength and health for her!