Menu

my chihuahua is confused and in love

My poor demented 3yr old unspayed chi has fallen in love........

with my 6yr old ds.:001_huh: She has been "showing her love" and following him around for a few days. Now he is in bed she is howling.:001_huh::lol:

It's not a dominance thing with her, she always does this before she comes into heat but this is the first time ds has been the object of her affection. He old has no clue why she does what she does, and just sits there with her attached to his foot while he plays his ds.......

with my 6yr old ds.:001_huh: She has been "showing her love" and following him around for a few days. Now he is in bed she is howling.:001_huh::lol:

It's not a dominance thing with her, she always does this before she comes into heat but this is the first time ds has been the object of her affection. He old has no clue why she does what she does, and just sits there with her attached to his foot while he plays his ds.......

Is there any reason you haven't had her spayed? :confused:

And what are you doing to make her stop her offensive behavior? (And yes, I know it's natural, but it is not "socially acceptable," as far as I'm concerned.)

Maybe I'm the only one, but I wouldn't be laughing about it.

Edited by Catwoman

UGH! Gross! I think most people here would agree that I'm a bigger dog lover than most, but I would not tolerate this behavior. Nope. No WAY.

Is there a reason why she's not spayed? Because especially in such a small dog, pyometria is a very real concern and could kill her in a matter of hours.

astrid

Yes, I should have known the spay/neuter police would come along. Many people choose not to have their dogs spayed/neutered for many reasons; breeding, showing for one. I assumed I could reveal my amusement here rather than at home where the behaviour IS being addressed. Obviously I was wrong. Stupid me.

ETA: I suspect you are thinking I'm standing here laughing while the dog satisfies her urges on my son's leg. Of course NOT. What amused me was the fact that she was following him around, pining/howling for him when he is not in the room. I can't believe anyone would think I find a humping dog of any size amusing but I should have made that clear for those who have trouble understanding my post. I also suspect I am seen as a twit with a cute dog for vanity reasons. No. I have been a small breed owner my entire adult life and currently have 5 dogs, have assisted my mother in her breeding small breeds and this particular dog was rescued from a filthy puppy farm last year, as was the cross bred cutie in my avatar.

Note to self: Do not start threads on the general board.

Edited by lorrainejmc

I don't really know much about having a dog in heat but I thought this post was hilarious.:lol: It made me Laugh Out Loud to imagine this dog pining after your son. We must have somewhat of the same sense of humor, I post stuff like this on Facebook just for some comic relief. Sorry nobody else saw that.

I don't really know much about having a dog in heat but I thought this post was hilarious.:lol: It made me Laugh Out Loud to imagine this dog pining after your son. We must have somewhat of the same sense of humor, I post stuff like this on Facebook just for some comic relief. Sorry nobody else saw that.

:001_smile: It's nice to see that my Irish sense of humor isn't always lost in translation.;)

Yes, I should have known the spay/neuter police would come along. Many people choose not to have their dogs spayed/neutered for many reasons; breeding, showing for one. I assumed I could reveal my amusement here rather than at home where the behaviour IS being addressed. Obviously I was wrong. Stupid me.

ETA: I suspect you are thinking I'm standing here laughing while the dog satisfies her urges on my son's leg. Of course NOT. What amused me was the fact that she was following him around, pining/howling for him when he is not in the room. I can't believe anyone would think I find a humping dog of any size amusing but I should have made that clear for those who have trouble understanding my post. I also suspect I am seen as a twit with a cute dog for vanity reasons. No. I have been a small breed owner my entire adult life and currently have 5 dogs, have assisted my mother in her breeding small breeds and this particular dog was rescued from a filthy puppy farm last year, as was the cross bred cutie in my avatar.

Note to self: Do not start threads on the general board.

:confused::001_huh:

Um, no one said you were stupid. No one called you a twit.

You posted, you got responses. Sorry they weren't what you expected or wanted to hear. Personally, I didn't find it as humorous as you. That's okay, it's not my dog, my house or my son. But I dont' think it's fair to call those of us who questioned keeping an intact dog "the spay/neuter police." It was just a question....sheesh. Whatever.

astrid