Menu

StartWrite for Cursive

I have an 8 1/2 year old son with beautiful printing. He wants to learn cursive because his older brother does it.

I am wondering if anyone has used StartWrite for Cursive and just made their own sheets to teach cursive.

I am wanting an easy, somewhat laid-back approach to teaching cursive to match my son's learning style.

Thanks.

We love Startwrite here. You can choose from numerous print and cursive fonts. You can also change the intensity of the dots to trace. It's simple and easy to use. You can add some clip art and really personalize the worksheets for your child. I posted a bit about it, and you can see some sample, on my blog posts here and here.

• 1 month later...

We are going to use StartWrite for teaching cursive. I like the idea of being able to pick your own font, the amount of dots for tracing, or arrows to show steps/directions. You can put their full name on it and make up sentences about things that interest them. They could even type up their own worksheet!