Menu

Weirdest conversation ever

Setting: Serving breakfast/snack to all the kids, the 4 youngest were at the kitchen table, dd12 was in the shower, ds13 in the office space, I am at the stove dishing up oatmeal.

The 2 yr old I watch says "Aunty who that person" while pointing behind me. Given the locations of everyone there should be no one behind me, though I look anyway. As I turn back to face the kids dd4 says "Oh that's just friend Zombie" Her imaginary friend. Yeah, okay then. Now I can not stop looking behind me expecting to see someone of course.

Either my house is haunted, or the kids are starting to share an imaginary friend :001_huh:

Setting: Serving breakfast/snack to all the kids, the 4 youngest were at the kitchen table, dd12 was in the shower, ds13 in the office space, I am at the stove dishing up oatmeal.

The 2 yr old I watch says "Aunty who that person" while pointing behind me. Given the locations of everyone there should be no one behind me, though I look anyway. As I turn back to face the kids dd4 says "Oh that's just friend Zombie" Her imaginary friend. Yeah, okay then. Now I can not stop looking behind me expecting to see someone of course.

Either my house is haunted, or the kids are starting to share an imaginary friend :001_huh:

I'm sure it warms your heart to know that your sweet dd4 is friends with a zombie. :001_wub:

;)

LOL Okay that would totally freak me out. Me no likey zombies. They eat brainz. :ack2:

zombie-brains.jpg

My niece did that to her mom several times as a toddler in their old house. She'd either ask who that person was, or talk TO the "person" she saw.

But, my whole family has many personal experiences and stories to tell regarding ...um... spiritual or "otherworldly" people, so nobody was really surprised by it. Several of us grownups had experiences in that house also.

Children are more openminded and open to seeing stuff like that, so it is very possible you had a 'visitor'. I am also more inclined to believe that kids do NOT actually have imaginary friends, but do actually see someone there. As adults, we are for the most part, too close-minded to "see" what is actually there.

Edited by fraidycat

I'm sure it warms your heart to know that your sweet dd4 is friends with a zombie. :001_wub:

;)

Friend ZOmbie has been around for over a year now. She sleeps under dd's bed and keeps the monsters away and goes with us everywhere but for shots. Friend Zombie is afraid of shots and will not go with us. SHe and dd have a lot of conversations too. ;) This started when dd was 3. NOthing like a 3 year old announcing her best friend is a zombie. I still haven't figured out where she even heard of zombies in the first place. :tongue_smilie:

This reminds me of a book my dh came across on Amazon a few days ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Thats-Not-Your-Mommy-Anymore/dp/156975926X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330392283&sr=8-2

Oh my. :lol: What a picture book. Makes me think of this one Of course if your best friend is a Zombie the monsters stay away.

My niece did that to her mom several times as a toddler in their old house. She'd either ask who that person was, or talk TO the "person" she saw.

But, my whole family has many personal experiences and stories to tell regarding ...um... spiritual or "otherworldly" people, so nobody was really surprised by it. Several of us grownups had experiences in that house also.

Children are more openminded and open to seeing stuff like that, so it is very possible you had a 'visitor'. I am also more inclined to believe that kids do NOT actually have imaginary friends, but do actually see someone there. As adults, we are for the most part, too close-minded to "see" what is actually there.

Your post has caused me to turn on my bedroom light. :leaving: