Menu

Update on my son...

First, thank you for all of your prayers, thoughts and words of encouragement. They really mean a lot to my family and me right now.

Last night, we heard from the officer who arrested my son around 11:00 and he informed us that he was going to juvenile detention. Currently, he has four charges against him, two of them felonies, and one pending while they are still investigating to see if something was stolen, which would be a third felony. While this is very difficult for us, we pray that he can possibly get the help that he needs, since the charges are so serious. He has a diagnosed mental health condition and has not been going for treatment since he has the right to refuse. After speaking with law enforcement and the department of juvenile justice, they seem optimistic that he will get court ordered treatment. He did appear before a judge this morning and we will know more on Monday. Most likely, he will be held until arraignment, which could be for two weeks.

One of the difficult things for me is that I cannot go to visit him at this time. He is being held 70 miles away and due to where I am in my pregnancy, I cannot travel.

Again, thank you for your prayers and please continue to pray for peace, wisdom, strength, patience, and love.

My son was ordered to treatment--it really is a good option. I hope it works for him.

Let me caution you--do not use a Keystone treatment center. We have had a very bad experience overall there (Newport News), and we hear several other locations aren't that good, either.

If he is put in residential, do you have some idea where? If he is a Christian, and you prefer Christian treatment, there is an excellent one in Arkansas, near Little Rock. It's called Capstone. Ds lasted 4 days, but it would have been great. Your son may be ordered to locked treatment.

Oh, {{{Stephanie}}}. Thank you for the update. I know this isn't the one you wanted to write. Someday, something will click, and he will see all these people who are there for him, wanting to help him, and willing to help him. I pray that day comes soon.

How are you feeling, btw? Nearing the end! You won't always be bedridden! {{hugs}}

Stephanie, thank you for the update. I'm sorry this is happening, and so close to your due date too that you can't travel. That makes me sad for all of you. Continued prayers...

Btw, did you ever read that book I suggested..."Crazy"? If so, what did you think of it? Did it sound pretty familiar to you - how the system works and all?

Peace to you and lots of hugs,

Janna

Yes, Janna, I did read it and it is very accurate. I have really felt like I need to do something proactive in the system somehow to help other families. I know of so many others here who are going through bad things too. Friday, I had to run to the library really quick to pick up books. When I arrived there, there was Kerry Sanders from NBC news doing a story about our little town, Mount Dora the economy, how has the real estate boomed etc. He was asking if we voted, because early voted started. While I waddled out of the library he asked if I voted that day, I just said no and went to the car where my husband was waiting. Afterwards I thought I should have said something about what is going on with the juvenile justice system, mental health, in this state.

Well, I need to run. Today my dd, age 2, has been throwing up. Ds, 12 is still hacking. Not a fun day.