Menu

Dressing For The Theatre?

Actually, I was instructed to keep a close eye on Diva, and Diva was told that she wasn't to talk to any guys that wandered up and started trying to chat her up. "No trying to get a date!" is I think one of the commandments issued to her by Daddy. :lol::lol:

Daddy Wolf had it announced loud and clear just by looking at her last night that Diva isn't a little girl anymore, and I don't think he was completely happy w/that realization :lol:

:biggrinjester: Rocket Man completely FREAKED OUT the first time dd wore an evening gown. Now, he didn't do it to her face...he remained calm and told her she looked beautiful; she did! But, boy...the minute her cousin picked her up for the opera, OH MY WORD HE MELTED! Seriously, I thought he was going to get his hunting rifle, put on camo, and head for the opera house behind them. It was apparently not enough that her chaperone was her 26 year old male cousin who is 6 ft. 2" and built like a linebacker with a hulking "don't mess with my baby female cousin or I'll whip your A**" attitude! Nope, daddy was trying very hard to fight the urge...:lol: Poor daddy men; it's just so hard on them.

This past Christmas, my dad had the same reaction. DD was singing for a Christmas concert - she's twenty so you'd think the males in her life would have calmed down by now - and at my parents getting ready so she wouldn't be sharing a bathroom with me since I was accompanying a number of vocalists and instrumentalists and also had to be dressed to the nines. Apparently, she exited the bathroom at my folks in her ankle length burgundy and black embroidered gown, updo...gorgeous make-up, etc. and when she walked out of the house, my dad turned to my mom and said, "Do I need to get the gun?"

I didn't warn rocket man so when he arrived at the venue, he took one look at her and the 30 year old bachelor that had apparently experienced a "lust at first sight" reaction and was following her around backstage like a puppy after it's mother - just about had a conniption. I remember saying, "Down boy, down boy! Whoa!" He did make a point to introduce himself to Mr. 30 year old. Oh my word, whatever boy manages to survive the men in her life will definitely be treated well by me. In my book, he'll deserve it!

Now, while I've been quite calm about dd's bridge from girl to young lady to womanhood. But I have to admit, my boys...uhm...that one might get me! Ds (15) has a tux and he wore it to church. The teens put on a Valentine's Banquet for the adult couples at church and they dressed in formally. It was great! A bunch of women donated gowns for the girls, the boys didn't have to wear suits unless they owned them...just black pants, black shoes, white shirts, and ties in burgundy or red, black, or grey/silver. So, he wore his tux and seated people. He was ADORABLE! Some little girly teen thingy kept following him around and looking a little dreamy at him. I wanted to deck her! :D I chose to exercise self-restraint, but it did give me a little insight into rocket man's reaction.

I have a new appreciation for my dad's angst the first time he answered the front door and a boy was standing there asking for me. :001_smile:

Faith

And scrunchies! There was an episode on Sex and the City, something about scrunchies. They were out for dinner and Mr. Big saw a woman with a scrunchie and Carrie said she wasn't a New Yorker because she had a scrunchie. I think the woman said they were visiting from Ohio!

:D I remember that episode -- I think it was Carrie and Berger, though - which was very short lived.

Yup, scrunchies and white sneakers.