Menu

Online chemistry course...

I'm starting to look at things for chemistry. I am debating an outside, on-line course for Chemistry. This will be my son's first "serious" high school science class.

He will have completed Abeka Physical Science and Abeka Biology, and be doing Algebra 2 concurrently with Chemistry. I would like some lab work, and for him to write his first lab reports from scratch (he'll have an outline).

I want the course to be thorough AND interesting. I enjoyed chemistry and biology (not so much physical science or physics...blech), and I'm not afraid of the subject at. all. So something like BJU with the DVD component is not out of the question, either.

This is for a child who is interested in a STEM career (and chemical engineering is not out of the question...). If he really enjoys this subject, he will have an opportunity to take it again at the community college, so I am NOT looking for AP-level. I'm looking for a good, solid high school level course (not really interested in Apologia, though).