Menu

This is outrageous...

lea1

This lady believes it is good for babies as young as 2 weeks old to be swung around through the air, over her head, spun around, etc. She called it some kind of baby gymnastics and says it is really good for their joints, bones and muscles. All of the babies cry, of course, and some even throw up and she just keeps going, as if that is OK.

This should be considered child abuse.

I did not click the link but if it is the one that I saw a link to about 6 months ago I am glad I didn't. When I saw it months ago my stomach dropped with the first fling terrified for that baby. She calls it yoga but she is tossing that baby around like a rag doll. It is sick.

It's some fairly awful pictures of something the lady calls "baby yoga" that involve her swinging babies around by their arms, etc.

Yuck. Wish I hadn't clicked. Need a "do not click" warning on that one!

I went to a baby yoga class with littlest DD. Babies got to lay on the mat and watch while moms did yoga. We gave the babies nice little arm and leg massages to help them relax. It was NOTHING like this! Ick!

I worry about their joints, but some of the ideas seem good, actually. She takes it to an extreme that appears ridiculous to me. I would hope that if any baby actually got hurt doing this, she would not be marketing it.

Babies cry and spit up for all kinds of reasons that have nothing to do with actually being mistreated.

That's disturbing. I didn't read the entire article. I had to stop after the pictures of her holding a baby by one arm and swinging him/her.

I would think doctors would speak out against this practice. They advise against swinging older children around by the arms (in fun) due to injuries it causes. It would seem swinging a baby around by one limb would be just as bad if not worse. Let alone the fact that these children are not laughing about it, but crying and throwing up!

I worry about their joints, but some of the ideas seem good, actually. She takes it to an extreme that appears ridiculous to me. I would hope that if any baby actually got hurt doing this, she would not be marketing it.

Babies cry and spit up for all kinds of reasons that have nothing to do with actually being mistreated.

riiiiight. Because no one ever markets products or services that could be harmful to a child.

OH my goodness. I can't look because I know I'll cry, though I'm very tempted. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Doctors recommend not swinging toddlers by their arms and hospitals educate moms on not shaking babies, but flinging them around is OK? What the? It honestly seems like someone could put a stop to it.

...have you seen this? I can't believe any mother would allow her baby to go through this. And this lady thinks the babies enjoy it. I feel really bad for these poor babies.

This has been on the net for years. There's a video of it

ETA: Just noticed there's a video on the OP's link (it's at the bottom).

When I clicked the link, my SecureIt actually blocked it.

This has been on the net for years. There's a video of it

ETA: Just noticed there's a video on the OP's link (it's at the bottom).

Now, this link worked for me. :eek: The baby seriously looked like a doll (but I know the baby was real). I can't believe that lady would do that....the swinging of the baby over her head! :eek: The baby in the clip was only 2 weeks old. :crying: It's just shocking. Can you imagine if you were swung around like that?? What are these parents thinking?? This woman needs to be arrested.

I think this is the same woman I read about months ago. She's Russian or lived in Russia for a good long time and the culture there really values physical hardiness. They go swimming in freezing water and things like that. Obviously this woman's baby yoga is pretty extreme but the baby you see her swinging around in that video has grown up already into a healthy child.

ETA: Oh, for what it's worth, I think it's nuts. :p

Edited by Mimm

This lady believes it is good for babies as young as 2 weeks old to be swung around through the air, over her head, spun around, etc. She called it some kind of baby gymnastics and says it is really good for their joints, bones and muscles. All of the babies cry, of course, and some even throw up and she just keeps going, as if that is OK.

This should be considered child abuse.

Wow, that's just crazy (did not click link). They can't even hold up their little heads at 2 weeks! Three or four year olds like being tossed up, not infants.

It's a woman who does baby yoga by flinging babies(young, young babies) through the air.

I wouldn't call that yoga . . . . what the bleep are the parents thinking in allowing that!?!?!?!?

Wow, that's just crazy (did not click link). They can't even hold up their little heads at 2 weeks! Three or four year olds like being tossed up, not infants.

2dd was a daredevil - she loved being tossed (age appropriate), she did gymnastics. I canNOT Picture her enjoying at three or four years (or more) what this woman is doing to young infants.

Edited by gardenmom5