Menu

Ninth Grade Science RecommendationsI

We are seriously considering shifting out daughter into homeschooling for her ninth grade year. I am sorting through curriculum alternatives now. She is taking Earth Science in her private school this year. She is an outstanding student so I am looking for an online course that would be rigorous. If she attends public school next year she would be in an IB program taking Honors Biology. Thank you very much for your input

DIVE Science is an option you could consider.

http://www.diveintomath.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?listcategories=action&parent=DSCI

Not exactly online, but has video lectures and labs. There are many choices for texts to use with it and an AP option. Apologia offers online courses if you like their texts.

Potter's School offers online AP courses too. http://www.pottersschool.org/w/4591.jsp

I'm interested to see what other options get posted. We have just about decided on DIVE Biology for 9th.

Thanks for sharing. She is an excellent math student. She is taking Geometry this year and will take Algebra 2/Trig next year. I was under the impression that AP classes could not be taken until the 10th grade. Do you have any online providers that you would recommend?

Thanks for sharing. She is an excellent math student. She is taking Geometry this year and will take Algebra 2/Trig next year. I was under the impression that AP classes could not be taken until the 10th grade. Do you have any online providers that you would recommend?

AP classes can be taken at any time. However, I have read that some colleges won't accept credit if the class is taken more than 4 years before high school graduation. (My oldest is 15 so I don't have any first-hand knowledge of this.)

I don't have any first-hand experience with online providers for AP Physics B - my son took it last year (he was 14) at our p.s. I have not read positive reviews of EPGYonline physics courses.

PA Homeschoolers offers AP Physics B. You may want to read the comments section for that class or maybe post for recommendations for an online class.

Good luck with your homeschooling journey!