Menu

if you love your can opener, which one do you have?

I have this one, and I *love* it!!

http://www.target.com/p/OXO-SoftWorks-Smooth-Edge-Can-Opener/-/A-13567823

It's the only one I've ever had that hasn't immediately broken. I may go buy a couple more to keep in reserve for future years, LOL!! It opens smoothly and you don't have to crank until your arm hurts. I can't use an electric can opener to save my life, so this is perfect for us.

this is the one I used to have and loved it...but I lost it on a camping trip. Do you own this one...or one that was made 20 years ago...in other words, according to the reviews, this one is a cheaper version of the original one...just curious. thanks. I am talking about the swing away....I forgot to quote it.

I so needed this thread. We keep throwing money out on can openers. So we gave up and bought one for like $1 at Ikea and well, it's been like six months and it's not working very well so we need to replace it. Last can we tried to open we had to get the bolt cutters out. :lol:

Even though I am not the OP, I think I will go check out the Oxo!! Thank you!

Stepmom has a One Touch that she has had for several years with no problems. I think I am going to try one. It uses 2 AA batteries but I need something that works.

I have this one and it works well. The only problem I have is frequently it trims off some of the label as it's cutting off the lid, causing the little, teeny, tiny strips of paper to fall into the food in the can. Does the Pampered Chef cut part of the label, too?

I got a Swing-A-Way as a wedding gift 20+ years ago. It started slipping a few years ago so I replaced it with one of those that doesn't leave a sharp edge. That one lasted about a year. I've gone through 3 more can openers in the last year. I think my problem was we started buying most of our cans from the Cash 'n Carry...HUGE cans. I finally decided that I needed to get my can openers from the restaurant supply store. I got this one http://www.amazon.com/Amco-Swing--6090-Crank-Opener/dp/B001CD77VO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1330316404&sr=8-5 and I really like it. The kids actually beg to open the cans. It makes it so quick, fun, and easy. It was cheap enough that I won't feel bad replacing it every year, but it seems to be sturdy.