Menu

I hurt!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I hope you feel better soon -- can't your doctor do anything to help you?

Honestly, I don't know. I haven't been in. I kept thinking it would be a fluke....and the next month would be better. Thing is, it's not. And now, it sometimes hurts in between too. I don't know if I have endometriosis, a cyst or what, but the pain is INTENSE.

That's all.

Pretty sure it's my right ovary....I've posted about it before. It hurts so bad during AF that I can't even function. Today is cycle day 2.....I've been out of comission all day....with visions of an ER trip because it hurts so darn bad.

Anyway....I just needed to vent.

Go the ER, get the good drugs, be painfree for the rest of this cycle.

That pain is awful. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Go the ER, get the good drugs, be painfree for the rest of this cycle.

That pain is awful. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I've been contemplating it all day. I have family in town and we're supposed to be celebrating a birthday tonight....ironically, the birthday boy (my uncle) is an ER doc (not in town). I guess I'd feel a little silly going. I don't really know why.

I've been contemplating it all day. I have family in town and we're supposed to be celebrating a birthday tonight....ironically, the birthday boy (my uncle) is an ER doc (not in town). I guess I'd feel a little silly going. I don't really know why.

Shoot, I'd tell uncle what's going on at the party, and see if he can get you a script for something to help you.

Just wanted to add that I'm pretty sure the pain must mean something's not right. I've never had ovary pain, and I don't think it's 'normal' for a lady to have that. Now, I've not the slightest clue what the pain could *mean*, LOL, but it looks like you have some ideas. I'd say a visit to either your gyn or family dr is in order, before your next cycle, so that you can hopefully get it figured out.

Either way, you sound miserable, so here's a gentle :grouphug:.

I am having surgery on Tuesday to remove a golf-ball sized cyst from my left ovary - and I am here to confirm that the pain is nothing to sneeze at!! If you don't go to the ER, what about about Urgent Care? I always feel a little less "wimpy" if I go there instead of the ER.

And, remember: some cysts do go away on their own with each monthly cycle, some do not. If you have this pain month after month, it's time to do something about it....<as I hop off my soap box and go take my vicodin.>

Well, I did talk to my uncle, because he could instantly tell something was wrong when I walked through the door.

He agreed with my summation. He thinks it's either a cyst (not as likely) or endometriosis (more likely). He recommended not going to the ER because they can't diagnose either of those things anyway. He did rule out appendicitis due to location - it's too low in my abdomen. I knew it wasn't that anyway though.

He did give me 2 tylenol with codeine pills that he happened to have with him. Unfortunately codeine doesn't really cut it. I promised myself (and DH) that I would call the dr's office on Monday and get an appointment. This has gotten out of control.

Uncle said I was pale. I'm just way too miserable for this to be even close to normal.

Please go get checked out. My SIL dealt with pain like this for months and months. She finally went to my ob/gyn and she had a gigantic cyst filled with infection. They got it out just in time. The dr said if it had burst or leaked into her blood stream she might've ended up with sepsis and not been with us much longer.

Please go get checked out. My SIL dealt with pain like this for months and months. She finally went to my ob/gyn and she had a gigantic cyst filled with infection. They got it out just in time. The dr said if it had burst or leaked into her blood stream she might've ended up with sepsis and not been with us much longer.

I'm going to call tomorrow and try to get an appt. I've been dealing with this for at least 6-8 months.

I'm going to call tomorrow and try to get an appt. I've been dealing with this for at least 6-8 months.

I know it's really hard to take care of yourself when you've got kids to take care of too. I'm way overdue for a dental cleaning. I totally understand. But this stuff can be easily treated whether it's endo, a cyst, etc. You will feel so much better if you get medical care. My SIL is like a new woman! Please take care of yourself!

It's awful, because every month I say "this is not normal....it hurts so much that it's almost scary". Then, a week later (after the pain is gone) I say "well, maybe it wasn't that bad" and put off making an appt. I'm not doing that this time.

I understand! It's easy to not worry about it when you're not hurting. A good gyn should be able to pinpoint the problem and get it taken care of. Then you won't be miserable every month!