Menu

IEW SWI-A or All Things Fun and Fascinating?

I am planning on ordering IEW for my 3rd and 4th grader. On their website it suggests that I start them with either SWI-A or All Things Fun and Fascinating. Which one do you think would be better to start with? Right now I was leaning more towards All Things Fun and Fascinating because it sounds fun. Also, should I order TWSS for myself, or can I get by without it? I am thinking I probably do need to order it.

Thanks, we will start with the SWI-A. Should I get the TWSS, or can we do it with just SWI-A?

Hi, I initially bought everything, SWI-B and the TWSS. We used the SWI-B together and really found it a great stand alone program. I only watched the first lesson in the TWSS and found it a repetion of the SWI. So I sold it and have used other IEW programs without any problem. I think the TWSS is for people who are willing to write their own lesson plans and don't want to invest in all the individual programs IEW sells. It can get expensive! I hope this helps.

oh, please post back (or even PM me!) and share if SWI A is enough without the TWSS. i have the exact same questions and concerns as you. it would save me a TON to not order the TWSS, so if i can get away with only SWI A, i would much prefer to go that route! please update if you feel it is (or isn't) sufficient on it's own:)

thanks!

amy

oh, please post back (or even PM me!) and share if SWI A is enough without the TWSS. i have the exact same questions and concerns as you. it would save me a TON to not order the TWSS, so if i can get away with only SWI A, i would much prefer to go that route! please update if you feel it is (or isn't) sufficient on it's own:)

thanks!

amy

I will let you know :)!

You CAN do the swi's w/out throw TWSS, but it is quite helpful to have it. You will have the bigger picture and a little more background into what Andrew is teaching. Though Andrew is "teaching" the course, it is still you who will be there to walk them through it. I've found them very helpful with swi-b and the cont. Course. You can join iew's yahoo "for sale" loop and find them much cheaper.

thanks!

amy

I saw this on the IEW website. I think if I do decide to order IEW I will get the TWSS too. I think it would be necessary to fully understand the program, and make sure I can help my kids be good writers.

You CAN do the swi's w/out throw TWSS, but it is quite helpful to have it. You will have the bigger picture and a little more background into what Andrew is teaching. Though Andrew is "teaching" the course, it is still you who will be there to walk them through it. I've found them very helpful with swi-b and the cont. Course. You can join iew's yahoo "for sale" loop and find them much cheaper.

I would love to find them cheaper, but I don't see a IEW for sale group. I just found the regular IEW group.