Menu

Has anybody tried the Magic School Bus Science Club?

NatYoung17

It sounds like it would be fun & my kids really like the Magic School Bus, but I'm wondering if it really is that good? There's a deal for 1/2 off right now on parent's deals and I'm really thinking about it, but wanted to see if anybody used it? It's $120 right now, but I don't have a big budget for extras...:001_smile:

Thanks!

Last year I did a price comparison between the sale price of the subscription vs. buying the components on Amazon (and other sites, because I have found cheaper places than Amazon) and online stores won hands down. So I purchased a few components, and now that we've worked through 2 boxes, I don't know if we'll be buying more or looking elsewhere. I haven't really been that impressed and find myself frustrated and disappointed with at least half of the experiments :(

I bought a set of 11 kits on Zulilly awhile back--I missed a deal like the one you're looking at and this worked out to about the same amount per kit. We're doing the Human Body kit right now and are really enjoying it. I did price the kits on Amazon before I bought, and I saved at least $2-$5+/kit off the Amazon price. I'm using these with my younger 3 boys, and they are so excited about them.

We bought them as a package of 12 when HSBC was doing their deal on them. My dd has loved each one and learned a lot, but I've been a bit underwhelmed with the two we've done so far. ( solids, liquids, and gases and magnets)

Most of the experiments/observations are really common ones for the topic that can easily be found on the Internet (such as making a slimy goop "semisolid" or making a compass) Granted, I'm horrible at taking the inciative to do any of said experiments on my own, so having the kits with all of the supplies has been great. Plus, having the kit emblazoned with Magic School Bus characters certainly has helped dd get into it! So, I wouldn't go to these kits for any type of depth but they are a great intro for the K-1st crowd. I wouldn't use it for a kiddo much older than that, or a really science-y younger as it is really basic stuff and would bore them. jMO!