Menu

2 funerals in 2 days

I just need to get this out. I can't post on facebook since I don't want to upset anyone. My mother's mother and my step-father's mother died this week. I drove 7 hours one way on Thursday, attended my grandmother's funeral on Friday and drove back home. My step-grandmother's funeral is today. I am emotionally spent. My mom is taking it really hard, as she should be. It's a lot to ask anyone to deal with. It's a very stressful time for our family. Talking about it helps, just to put it out there, so thanks for reading.

I just need to get this out. I can't post on facebook since I don't want to upset anyone. My mother's mother and my step-father's mother died this week. I drove 7 hours one way on Thursday, attended my grandmother's funeral on Friday and drove back home. My step-grandmother's funeral is today. I am emotionally spent. My mom is taking it really hard, as she should be. It's a lot to ask anyone to deal with. It's a very stressful time for our family. Talking about it helps, just to put it out there, so thanks for reading.

:grouphug::grouphug: Believe it or not, but I know *exactly* how you feel. Last spring I had two cousins (same side of the family) die within a week of each other. The funerals were 2 days apart. It was emotionally exhausting as both died young and unexpectedly. I felt a bit like I had mini-PTSD I was so stressed out.

Talk about it, for sure - whether here or with a friend. It will definitely help.

:grouphug::grouphug: Believe it or not, but I know *exactly* how you feel. Last spring I had two cousins (same side of the family) die within a week of each other. The funerals were 2 days apart. It was emotionally exhausting as both died young and unexpectedly. I felt a bit like I had mini-PTSD I was so stressed out.

Talk about it, for sure - whether here or with a friend. It will definitely help.

Thanks Debbie and everyone else. I just pulled out our wedding albums and had a good cry. My step-grandmother did all the flowers for our wedding. We got married at their home. There's a picture of us and all of our grandparents. I am so thankful that I have it.