Menu

Hypothetical maternity clothes

It is totally convincing. :lol:

Ooooh, diaper bag suggestions, too. No backpacks because that interferes with a baby carrier, and something huge enough to cart around baby things and things for a toddler and bigger kid who needs medicines and clothes carted around, too.

Since I'm just hypothetically looking, and all.

:bigear:

Aren't you the one who has been "bashing in brains" for several years? You need to bash harder to convince us!:D:lol:

No, that's someone else with the same blog name. I will point out, in interested of humility, that I named mine first. ;)

Now it's my turn to say, you don't want to know where my mind went when I read the thread title. A bit along the lines of the Emperor's New Clothes.

:lol: I definitely am not looking for those sorts of clothes. What a mental image!

Ok, no actual store suggestions? C'mon, guys!

Hypothetically speaking, congratulations!

Are you skeeved out by thrift shops? You can find some nice clothes there for very inexpensive prices.

Otherwise, Burlington Coat Factory and Target are two places that come to mind.

Hypothetically I have already been looking at my local thrift store options.

Th nearest target has five racks of things, all clearance. I think they are closing their maternity section or something. I'll have to see if there is a Burlington near here, thanks!

I'm of the opinion that they only make cute maternity clothes when I'm not pregnant. As soon as I become pregnant, they all become hideous.

But, I like what I see at Target and Old Navy was good when I was buying mat. stuff. Kohl's was really popular when I was pregnant.

And a hypothetical congrats, too.

I found most motherhood things to be best too. They weren't too bad if I washed in hot and dried on high but the shirts were still bigger than I needed. They had the best pants and the only ones I didn't have to use a safety pin to keep up. Old Navy pants- too big, some to the point of literally falling off at 8months pregnant as I was walking through the grocery store when my safety pin popped off! Their tops were nice, however. Gap Maternity seemed to be really small. I don't remember trying their pants but I'm not pregnant and I can still wear most of the shirts (and not look pregnant) and I am very small. Leggings are in style now; I'd go with those and longer shirts if I got pregnant again.

Kohls has good things, and they have coupons and deals out all the time. Also, I got a lot of things at a local 4 times a year huge kids consignment event. Tons of great maternity things there if you have one near you it's worth checking out.

I little more expensive than others, but I really liked my Vera Bradley diaper bag. We used cloth diapers and had 2 in diapers and it still held everything I needed.

Wow!

Hypothetical congratulations!

(Have you looked at nursing clothes at all? They work for the first 4 months, and then afterwards, which makes them a pretty good value. If you can find Japanese Weekend clothes on Ebay, they tend to run small and be very comfortable. But they are expensive at retail.)

ETA: They have a sale section on their website! http://www.japaneseweekend.com/maternity-top-p/85-c931-103-maternity-top.htm

Edited by Carol in Cal.

Hypothetically I have already been looking at my local thrift store options.

Th nearest target has five racks of things, all clearance. I think they are closing their maternity section or something. I'll have to see if there is a Burlington near here, thanks!

They might be changing seasonal items out. Check them every few weeks. Also, look at pjs Navy online. They have a better selection than in store.

Congrats....hypothetically, of course. ;)

eBay

Goodwill

TJMaxx

Target

KMart

Kohl's

JCP

Motherhood Maternity

Lands End

ETA: I had a Lands End diaper bag and LOVED it!! It was big enough but not too big; had a changing pad and lots of pockets around the outside of the bag. I could use it with or without the shoulder strap. It was THE best shower gift I got. :)

Edited by curlylocks

Most of my maternity clothes are from Motherhood or Old Navy, mostly very basic tees and the like. But they've lasted through four pregnancies and still look good.

As for diaper bags, I bought a SkipHop bag from Target when I was expecting #3, as I needed something that would hold my stuff, the baby's stuff, and multiple water bottles. It was affordable and is still going strong. It routinely has my wallet and stuff, cloth diapers/cover, a baby outfit, a small blanket, handful of baby toys, extra pants for my 3yo, and a small knitting project. And several water bottles.

Most of my maternity clothes are from Motherhood or Old Navy, mostly very basic tees and the like. But they've lasted through four pregnancies and still look good.

As for diaper bags, I bought a SkipHop bag from Target when I was expecting #3, as I needed something that would hold my stuff, the baby's stuff, and multiple water bottles. It was affordable and is still going strong. It routinely has my wallet and stuff, cloth diapers/cover, a baby outfit, a small blanket, handful of baby toys, extra pants for my 3yo, and a small knitting project. And several water bottles.

My SkipHop is huge & still going strong, too. Another Old Navy & Target & thrift store shopper here!

Hypothetical congrats to you!!