Menu

Has anybody used the Wonders Of Creation series for science?

I am thinking about this for dd's 6th grade year (yeah yeah I know, shes only in 4th now lol) Any thoughts? Would this be enough for 6th grade earth science? Would it be missing anything?

Also, I see Rainbow Resource sells a book called The Cave Book and the Archaeology book but they are not included on the AIG website with The Wonders of Creation Series. It says they are also by master books and says Wonders of Creation on the books themselves- does anyone know anything about these?? We will be doing Ancients next year so the Archaeology book may be a good resource ;)

I think if you do all those books, it would be plenty for 6th grade science. The Cave Book and Archaeology Book are a part of the WOC series. Maybe they aren't included in the set because they are newer. As far as I know, the Archaeology one was just released recently. I have it but I haven't read through it yet. It looks fascinating and I'm planning on using it alongside history this fall. It would do well for science as well. I also have the Astronomy Book and Geology Book. My 10yo son likes both but loves astronomy. He just uses them for reading material but IMO, they would make a great science course. You can get study guides from AIG to go along with them but I really don't know what is in them. They're cheap though!

We're using AIG's God's Design for Wind and Weather and God's Design for Planet Earth this year and it's going well. You might want to look into those, and purchase the others as supplemental reading.

Blessings!

Dorinda

Yeah we had looked at that but for some reason we don't want to do that. I can't put my finger on it exactly that is why I was wondering about the Wonder of Creation series. We have 2 of the books (fossils and geology)

I think if you do all those books, it would be plenty for 6th grade science. The Cave Book and Archaeology Book are a part of the WOC series. Maybe they aren't included in the set because they are newer. As far as I know, the Archaeology one was just released recently. I have it but I haven't read through it yet. It looks fascinating and I'm planning on using it alongside history this fall. It would do well for science as well. I also have the Astronomy Book and Geology Book. My 10yo son likes both but loves astronomy. He just uses them for reading material but IMO, they would make a great science course. You can get study guides from AIG to go along with them but I really don't know what is in them. They're cheap though!

Thats what I was hoping. Dd looked at the 2 we have and got excited about going through them :001_smile: