Menu

What are gas prices where you live?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.57 @ Virginia Beach Oceanfront (Filled up a few hours ago after news story promised +.50 or more over the next few weeks)....Price had gone up from 3.49 yesterday (Hubby filled up his car)....*sigh*

It could be worse....but I remember paying .99 a gallon regularly 12 years ago. (Just before my oldest was born)

And the gov't says we have no cost of living increase???

(Gas Prices rising = higher food costs as well...I just don't understand how they do their math. And don't get me started on minimum wage being a sustainable living wage, when milk is almost $4 a gallon, $8 if you want organic/hormone free.....My son and I were working "real life math" recently, in an effort to show him his *options* after high school, and no matter how he budgeted, he couldn't *survive* on a theoretical minimum wage job and still manage rent, food and car insurance.)

We are fortunate to be able to live off one income, and live comfortably....I have no idea how people making minimum wage could even survive, much less keep afloat.

Needless to say, he's decided to go to college or at least trade school/apprenticeship after that lesson.......

(Gas Prices rising = higher food costs as well...I just don't understand how they do their math. And don't get me started on minimum wage being a sustainable living wage, when milk is almost $4 a gallon, $8 if you want organic/hormone free.....My son and I were working "real life math" recently, in an effort to show him his *options* after high school, and no matter how he budgeted, he couldn't *survive* on a theoretical minimum wage job and still manage rent, food and car insurance.)

I'm a very frugal grocery shopper and I've already noticed prices going up on almost everything I buy.

If you buy *anything* you can expect the cost of that to go up because the trucking companies are going to raise their prices. The savings will be passed on to us consumers.

Drill here. Drill now.

And, where do you live? (Not exact city, state if your not comfortable with that- but part of state atleast, if you don't mind)

I know its early but I am starting to worry. We are going to Mi this summer (end of June) for my inlaws 50th wedding anniversary- and the thought of gas at $6 a gallon literally makes me ill :001_huh:

$3.77 two days ago in midwest.

(Gas Prices rising = higher food costs as well...I just don't understand how they do their math. And don't get me started on minimum wage being a sustainable living wage, when milk is almost $4 a gallon, $8 if you want organic/hormone free.....

Milk is $2.99/gallon at our Walmart, in Middle Tn. Just regular milk, not organic.

Milk is $2.99/gallon at our Walmart, in Middle Tn. Just regular milk, not organic.

Milk here is $3.30 / 2ltr (~ half a gallon) at the cheapest price around. This is hard to understand because NZ is a dairy country, but we are forced to pay the same price as the countries who import our dairy products. I don't dare look for organic dairy as organic fruit & veg is at least double the price of regular produce. I'm sure organic meats & dairy would be the same.