Menu

MEP Question - Is there a textbook?

Kathleen in LV

I've seen a number of discussions on here about MEP, and people talk about it being free. So I'm exploring the website: http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/projects/mepres/primary

I see links to all kinds of things, including pages from practice books and lesson plans. On the first page of the lesson plans for year 1, it references two books that the child is using: Mathematics 1a and Practice Book Y1a.

What is the Mathematics 1a book and is there a link to it somewhere?

Thanks so much!

Kathleen

There are textbooks available for purchase for Reception, Y1a and Y1b, but they are not an essential part of the program. The few textbook page needed can be downloaded for printed from the MEP site. I'm not aware of anyone here who has ordered the texts.

Thank you for the replies. So just to be clear, do most of you just follow the lesson plans & have the child do the practice book pages? Or are you using MEP as a supplement to another curriculum, like Singapore?

I don't need a script per se, as I haven't been using one so far (we're loosely following Miquon). But I wanted to be sure I wasn't leaving something out by not having a textbook to use with my son if I limit our curriculum to MEP & Miquon.

Thank you for the replies. So just to be clear, do most of you just follow the lesson plans & have the child do the practice book pages? Or are you using MEP as a supplement to another curriculum, like Singapore?

I don't need a script per se, as I haven't been using one so far (we're loosely following Miquon). But I wanted to be sure I wasn't leaving something out by not having a textbook to use with my son if I limit our curriculum to MEP & Miquon.

Yep. Lesson plan (including whiteboard work & activities). Practice book. Tada! :D

Thank you for the replies. So just to be clear, do most of you just follow the lesson plans & have the child do the practice book pages?
This, though we do supplement with Singapore CWP. You do not need the text to do the full program.

. But I wanted to be sure I wasn't leaving something out by not having a textbook to use with my son if I limit our curriculum to MEP & Miquon.

Yes,like the others have said you just need the lesson plan and the practice book. We've done years 1 and 2 and there are hardly any references to the textbook at all. I just wanted to mention that the lesson plans ARE an integral part of the program as they include activitities that are not in the practice books.

(We use MEP as our main program and supplement with Miquon.)

Elena