Menu

Testing

lexi

I was thinking about doing some end of the year testing even though I'm not a huge fan of testing. I'm thinking this year might be a good practice year.

I would test my daughter who is K level. What tests are out there for that level? Which is recommended? Where should I get the test? What is the best company that offers it?

If there are other threads about testing, can you point me to them?

This is not a "to test or not to test" question, so please don't expound on whether or not I should test or if you like standardized tests. I'm just wondering what my options are in the event I decide to try one this spring. I do not want to open that can of worms on the hive :001_huh:

Honestly, I am not sure there is a standardized test for kids who have completed kindy but not first grade. Kindergarten isn't mandatory in all states so it would be difficult to compare. And so many standardized tests require independent reading and writing I am not sure how a test would be administered to a large group of children.

I use the PASS test in the past and find it very useful. But, the youngest they test is third grade. I was a little disapointed because I would have used it this year at the end of first. It would have relieved me of the duty of writing an end of year assessment.

I'm testing for the first time my 3rd, 2nd and kinder. I'm going through Bob Jones University Press and giving them the Stanford. My kindy will just get the Stanford and the other two will get the Stanford/OLSAT. When I taught at a Christian school we gave the Stanford so I'm familiar with it and can also administer it.