Menu

for those who use binding machines.....

for those who bind their own books/papers----what kind of "binder machine" do you use? I'm toying with the idea and have this one on my wishlist.....any ideas? :confused:

http://www.amazon.com/SircleBind-WR-60-Wire-Binding-Machine/dp/B0019RT74I/ref=sr_1_13?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1324095029&sr=1-13

What do you want to use it for? That makes a big difference. If you are just talking about worksheets and such, it doesn't necessarily need to be long-lasting or 'pretty.'

It's possible that I have a couple - okay, a few - different types. I have a comb binder, which I use to bind worksheets and completed work that we want to keep, and various little projects the girls might want to bind. I have a Circa punch, which I use for various notebooks and workbooks - I use this when I want it to look nicer, or when I want to be able to move the pages easily (memory work, my reading notes). Sometimes I'll do stuff like scrapbooks or cookbooks with the Circa as well. And I have a wire binder (like wire spirals) which is mostly for scrap booking and a few projects I want to look a certain way.

Edited to add: if I had to choose just one, it would probably be my Circa punch. I can use nice (purchased) covers when needed, or just punch manila covers for other stuff.

thanks-will look into that---I would use it to make different things-maybe a unit study or something where I can't find the into I need I can make my own and put it together how I like---I would probably do a cookbook or two (love love recipes)---

I have a comb binder. I went with comb over spiral, because I use it mostly for items where I want to see a label on the spine, like end of year work or teacher's manuals.

I know many on the board live the ProClick--it's a spiral binder. I'm tempted by this one, because there are times I would prefer a spiral binding (assignment books, etc).

I also have a Circa I used for awhile. I haven't used it much lately though.

I have a comb binder. I went with comb over spiral, because I use it mostly for items where I want to see a label on the spine, like end of year work or teacher's manuals.

I know many on the board live the ProClick--it's a spiral binder. I'm tempted by this one, because there are times I would prefer a spiral binding (assignment books, etc).

I also have a Circa I used for awhile. I haven't used it much lately though.

I don't understand this. Comb binding isn't flat, either; how do you put a label on the spine? I would love to know!!

I use a pro-click to do everything. I make my own personal planner, school planner, if it can be bound, I do. The pro-click spines (the actual pro-click ones) can be opened and closed. They only have 3 sizes and are more expensive. Another option is the 3:1 spiral spines (which can't be opened) are more affordable.

I've had mine for about 3 years, it's wonderful. Who knew punching holes in paper was so much fun.

• 1 month later...