Menu

complete book of...

leeannpal

I have the Complete Book of American History and really like it. I know we will be using it for the spine of our American history studies, but has anyone used the complete book of science as a supplement to your science program? Although i like a lot of components of WTM, one thing I won't be following is the science suggestions. In elementary, I prefer a mix of science during the year rather than just one topic. The Complete book of Science looks likes it would be great for this.

I have the Complete Book of Science, grades 1-2. I really like it. I think it offers a good (easy) variety of experiments, discussion and workbook pages. I used this as a teacher in my 1st grade class when my school did not have a science curric. for that grade.

Next year, we'll be using it for my DD's 1st grd. year. It'll be our spine and we'll be adding in library books on the topics. We'll probably expand on it a bit, and doing some animal studies to make it last the whole year.