Menu

K-2 Art

MrsBanjoClown

I am not artsy at all, but this year started artistic pursuits and find it is well laid out and simple to use. I got the book from CBD, and collected the list of materials slowly with a michael's or AC moore coupon each week until I had everything, which helped keep the cost down. I also read to them a page from the book series, "come look with me" which uses an artist and describes their history and the picture. It is like going to an art museum in your house and helped them know what to look at.

I bought Artistic Pursiuits, but I ended up dropping it because I realized that my kids needed more instruction in drawing first. I think Artistic Pursuits is good to help learn how to use the various art supplies. I didn't use it for long, though.

I ended up liking Mark Kistler's online drawing lessons as the best place to help my kids start learning drawing skills. He has a lot of free drawing lessons on his website (look under Mini Marshmallows for younger kids) if you would like to try it out. Homeschool buyers co-op also has a discount on his subscription if you are interested in that.

I am also considering Atelier (for drawing lessons) and Meet the Masters (for art appreciation and fun art projects).