Menu

s/o Ways for homeschool moms to stay intellectually engaged

Awesome! I bet there are a TON of things you could write a course on--what do you know about that you may think other people wouldn't care about, or isn't "typical" homeschool stuff? Off the top of my head, I could (or would love to learn enough to) write a homeschool course about alternative medicine (I'm an acupuncturist), great female scientists in history, great female politicians in history, Advocates for Peace throughout History (focusing on people like Gandhi, King, etc and whether their efforts were effective, etc), Starting a Small Business, writing from a classical perspective (using old vintage texts-hey! I'm doing this now LOL)....I could go on!

What do you love reading about? Or wish you knew more about?

Now you've got my mind spinning. Probably a focused novel writing class geared toward young writers. I had scads of creative writing classes when I was in school, but none that took me through writing anything beyond a short story. Is there a course like that already and I haven't seen it?

Now you've got my mind spinning. Probably a focused novel writing class geared toward young writers. I had scads of creative writing classes when I was in school, but none that took me through writing anything beyond a short story. Is there a course like that already and I haven't seen it?

Not that I know of! I would love something like this geared towards 12 and up.

! Where's the time?? I'd settle for the news.

Well, my kids are in school now so I try to watch one during the day while they are gone. I also read the news on-line so I always have something interesting to talk to the family about. There's never enough time for everything though.

I am seriously considering writing a secular, CM style American history curriculum for grammar and logic stage. I envision something similar to VP cards but in an 8x10 size, with more than just reading selections. There would be scheduled reading (from a spine, read-aloud lit, biographies and readers), as well as weekly maps, timeline dates, important figures, activity suggestions, and selections for poetry, art, and music study. I have a vision but I lack spare time.
YES!!!! do this please!!!!

Well, my kids are in school now so I try to watch one during the day while they are gone.
Do you have a website or anything that you watch them on? I love documentaries, and usually just use netflix. But having something that is quicker and easier would be awesome.