Menu

MOH or SOTW Audio (for Ancients)

rudyionk

I have SOTW 1 books. but now I've heard about the heavier Bible content of MOH and I'd like to intertwine them.

I'm wondering about the audio to either of these. not sure I should have audio to both or not, what do you all think? and have books to MOH also?

just need some advice. this is for a 7 yo daughter.

I have the audio and the books for both, but my kids are a bit older than yours. With a 7 year old I'd probably choose to do SOTW and supplement with MOH audios. They're both very good but very different. You can't go wrong.

Does the MOH audio follow the book so one could listen and read along with it?

Hi,

I am currently doing both with my kids. However they are much older. My oldest is 14 and 12 and youngest is 9. I basically let them hear the SOTW audio by themselves and doing MOH1 together with the oldest more writing assignments. I have a schedule which I found online that mash both SOTW1 and MOH1 chapters together and we follow the sequence

http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/sotwmoh.htm

Caryn

:001_smile: I have been wondering about MOH audio, and will check out a sample if it is on cbd. I was going to get SOTW until my kids told me they don't like Jim Weiss's way of reading aloud!!! I bough 3 audio books with his voice and they are all different. Abba Dabba Alphabet, The Wisdom stories ( they did like that!) but I met him at a convention and bought The Young Carthaginian, and they would not listen...maybe I should have made them!

I am planning TOG right now, and before taking the plunge, I bought MOH 2 book , craft cd on sale and really want to implent it. I have seen both SOTW and MOH used intertwined in other curriculums.

Thank you for starting this thread!

Could you explain further?

In the younger grades (under 5th grade) I'd probably read the book (SOTW) aloud or use the audio cd's as the kids read the book along with it as our main spine along with the activity guide and then use the MOH audio cd's a supplement to listen to while in the car, or making dinner, etc...

Fifth grade and older I'd switch and use MOH as our main spine and use the SOTW cd's as a supplement. This is what I'm currently doing with my 11 & 12 year olds.

Edited by Paintedlady