Menu

Leap Year 2012

Momma4Boys

Has anyone found anything interesting to add a little study on leap year for next week? I have searched on abcteach & discovery education but there wasn't much there...what are you doing (if anything)?

Thanks!!:bigear:

Great idea! I hadn't even thought of doing that. I'll watch the thread and post if I come up with anything myself.

We're taking the day off to celebrate! :001_smile:

(It's my birthday! :party:)

Happy Birthday!!! :D My son's due date was Leap Day 4 years ago, and I was so hoping he'd come on that day! He didn't hold out long enough, though, and my sweetie's birthday is tomorrow :)

Edited by myfatherslily

We do a time capsule--of sorts.

Dh's family went out to eat on a Leap Year in 1980 after being house-bound due to snow for almost a week. It was a very rare occurrence for them to eat out, and their dad promised them that every Feb. 29th they would go back to the same restaurant (the boys didn't realize that wouldn't be every year).

Well, the family has gone every 4 yrs on Leap Year Day, and we'll be going again next week. The original restaurant is no longer open, but we'll go to another place nearby.

Since the 2nd Leap Year, they have always filled out predictions and sealed them up to be opened at the next Leap Year gathering. We have a lot of fun re-reading old ones, and we're looking forward to reading the predictions that were written last time...how many kids have been added to the family, job changes, marriages, even weight changes!! My kids are excited about writing their predictions this time.

It's such a fun tradition!

Since the 2nd Leap Year, they have always filled out predictions and sealed them up to be opened at the next Leap Year gathering. We have a lot of fun re-reading old ones, and we're looking forward to reading the predictions that were written last time...how many kids have been added to the family, job changes, marriages, even weight changes!! My kids are excited about writing their predictions this time.

It's such a fun tradition!

I like this idea - easy and sweet! Thanks!