Menu

Dog in heat

We adopted a dog on Monday. She is scheduled to be spayed on Tuesday. She went in heat today. :glare: This is a first time experience for me. Do I need doggie diapers or does anyone have another idea? We have fabric couches, so she needs to have protection of some type going on.

I went on a hunt for doggie diapers at Walmart to no avail. I decided to pick up some of their $.88 and come home and figure it out. My youngest has a few pair of underwear that are too tight so I sewed the waist and legs a little tighter and stitched some of the extra behind area up to the waistband and viola, doggie underwear. Beings my little one is a boy, there is a nice little built in hole for the tail. Working pretty good right now.

I went on a hunt for doggie diapers at Walmart to no avail. I decided to pick up some of their $.88 and come home and figure it out. My youngest has a few pair of underwear that are too tight so I sewed the waist and legs a little tighter and stitched some of the extra behind area up to the waistband and viola, doggie underwear. Beings my little one is a boy, there is a nice little built in hole for the tail. Working pretty good right now.

This is what we did for out dog. Except I had to cut a hole for her tail. :tongue_smilie: